tuscl

Christmas gifts for dancers

grand1511
Euphoria
Sunday, December 18, 2011 10:53 AM
So last year at this time at my favorite club, I was a regular patron of a dancer who gave great dances and was a great conversationalist. We'd spend a lot of time together on each visit, both on and off the clock. To show my appreciation, I got her a gift card for a modest amount as. Christmas present, something I've never done before. In the ensuing year, she spent a lot of time working out of state and I found other options to fat the club to fill in for her. The last few months she's been back and I've gotten dances from her, but not exclusively as like last year. Went to the club the other night and her first question was "Did you bring your Christmas present for me?" Wanted to reply "Uh, no.," but came up with a more tactful deflection.Two lessons learned: 1) Dancers remember that stuff; 2) expectations of generosity are a real buzz kill. Sort of like the Soup Nazi, there were no more dances for you.

10 comments

• gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Tip your stripper
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    Grand, You reacted corretly. Some dancers are just greedy. You seem to have encountered one. The expectation of a gift is just plain rude and greedy. You should just dump this girl. A gift should be voluntary. There should be no expectation. If anything, I get the opposite. I have a long-time fave who usually gives ME a gift at Christmas each year. This is in return for my having been a loyal customer of hers for several years, even though I don't see her nearly as much as I used to. (This is much like companies give their best clients gifts.) She just asked me yesterday when I could come in to see her and get my gift. Do I give her a Christmas gift in return? No. (I just love all the Senfeld references here on TUSCL! The "soup Nazi" is a particularly useful one. Looneylarry and I PM'd about that a little while ago.)
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    I know some dancers who are "great conversationalists" too. Well, they have great oral skills. I give Christmas gifts to my ATF and a couple other favs. A card with $$$ inside and a couple little presents. The girls seem to appreciate their gifts, and I receive cards (without money) in return.
  • bang69
    13 years ago
    just give her a good tip
  • JGoose
    13 years ago
    I did a few sets of dances with my ATF, and essentially tipped her very well for the dances as a gift.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Friday she got a bottle of perfume and dinner at Applebees. She gave me a gift card in return.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    sc, And I didn't give you anything, except gratitude, and bunches of that! I think I told you the CD was great. Made a long drive much more enjoyable.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Clubber - I wasn't expecting perfume or dinner from you. Gratitude was enough. :)
  • trojangreg
    13 years ago
    I still have all the cd's shadow gave out at PP Columbia. Always made that long drive back to ATL alot better. Of course never left PP without a smile on my face and fond memories. Used to exchange gifts with a dancer. Never any expectations I would bring a small gift to the club she would do likewise.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Well, I *tried* to give her a gift. Cash. She wouldn't take it. Made me fuck her instead. *Then* took the cash. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion