tuscl

Todays 2AMer brought to you by Laval, Quebec.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Sunday, December 18, 2011 8:55 AM
LAVAL, Quebec — A recently-reopened strip club in Laval was the scene of a shooting Sunday morning which left three men injured. The Studio Sex bar at 300 Ste-Rose Blvd. had been reopened on December 14 earlier after a legal battle with authorities after being closed by fire for about two years. A 2 a.m. two men were found shot inside the club. Police were able to get a description of the getaway car and arrested three suspects soon after in Boisbriand. The suspects were arrested and interrogated. Meanwhile 911 attendants received a call from a corner store near the club where two men were accompanied by a third man who had also been shot at the club but had been transported by two of his friends. The three shooting victims, all male in their twenties, had been shot in the abdomen and are expected to survive. They called 911 when they realized his injuries were more serious than they had believed. A woman in her mid-twenties also suffered cuts to the feet inside the club after stepping on glass broken during the fracas.

17 comments

• farmerart
    13 years ago
    Tabarnac !!
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Art - Many years ago I ran into 2 French Canadians in Acapulco, Mexico. Every other word out of there mouths was "tabarnac". Is there an English translation?
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    shadow: Tough one to translate. Cursing in Quebec is mostly rooted in religion or the church, not sex. Literally, 'tabarnac' is tabernacle. In common use it means 'well, fuck me' or 'awwww, shit' or something like that; adding emphasis to whatever the speaker wishes. Other common curses - 'calice' - chalice and 'crisse' - Christ. What is most funny in Quebec is the use of English obscenities in day-to-day French conversation. You often hear 'chit' (shit) and 'fucker' in usage that is just hilarious when translated back to English. Those words don't carry the same weight when used in French conversation. Now, 'va chier'. That <b>is</b> a bad one!
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    My French - not so good. But shouldn't the thread be titled deux heures du matin
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    Sacrament!
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    And this place just reopened?!? Within 3 days of operation: 1) Two guys shot "inside" the club 2) Third guy shot in the club stumbles into a store down the street, extending the fallout from the mess 3) All are reported as "injured" (that's an understatement) 4) Barefoot in the club--AFTER the shooting?! At least there's some useful knowledge for us Americans: 911 in Canada connects to the police.
  • bang69
    13 years ago
    french Canadians are known for there short temper
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    A fine US export - the 2 AMer!
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    Il va montrer, de fusillades tôt le matin ne sont pas limités aux États-Unis.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    @rh48hr: Un ordinateur avec les accents aigu et circonflexe? Formidable!! I have machines with only English keyboards. Do you know some French or did you pull that up from google? It's not too bad - just a little trouble with masculine and feminine. You would have no trouble in Quebec SCs.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Did you know that there is no OWS planned for Paris, France. They are waiting for the Germans to do it.
  • minnow
    13 years ago
    "Nothing good happens between midnight and breakfast in the mess hall after sunup". This quote has been attributed to some old crusty NCO. Are you that old crusty NCO shadowcat?
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    shadowcat: "Did you know that there is no OWS planned for Paris, France. They are waiting for the Germans to do it" LMFAO
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    Art - I took french in high school and college but that was a loong time ago. I just do the best I can. I did use Google to help with the accents. I always struggled with the masculine and feminine. So many rules and exceptions! I don't speak it as well as I can read it.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    anyone seen MisterGuy
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    minnow - sorry. It was not me. :)
  • tttclub
    13 years ago
    With every passing 2am'er that is not in Detroit, it makes us look better. Who am I kidding, Detroit is still the 2am'er capital of North America.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion