tuscl

Leaving a tip

Do you often feel pressured to leave a good tip for your waitress even if the bill isn't that high? I do. Sometimes if the bill is for only one drink, ranging from $4-$6 i will leave a 50% tip as opposed to the customery 15-20% and still feel like a stiffed the waitress. One waitress even let me know that she agreed with me! She was an old bitch anyway who had no business even waitressing in a club

17 comments

• georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    No. Well, sometimes I feel that pressure, but I ignore it. A drink tip is a dollar, subject to change if the waitress is a dick or a saint.
  • kingcripple
    13 years ago
    i agree. i have no problem tipping 50% on a small bill if she is nice or hot. nice and hot would get 75% on a $4 bill. nice gets a dollar. Though i do feel bad since most of their wages come from tips
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I think $1 is sufficient for a drink. Now if I ordered a meal, which I never have in a strip club, then I would go with the traditional 16-20% restaraunt tipping.
  • txtittyfan
    13 years ago
    I tip a dollar per drink. However I have noticed a new trend among some that do not give me my coins in change. Most drinks fore me are 4.25, 5.25 6.25 etc, if they do not give me the coins, that is their tip instead of $1.
  • thesamurai
    13 years ago
    I tip a dollar too, doesn't matter if its a $2 beer or patron shot.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    $1 per drink is my standard, unless the waitress gives me a friendly grope. I agree with txtitty, if the waitress isn't intelligent enough to give me correct change, the change is their tip.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    Yeah. A dollar too, in general. But I do feel the pressure at times. I drink booze some times, but it's usually a Diet Coke. And at some high end clubs it's $7.25 or $7.50 for the Coke....and I'll let them keep the change out of a ten. But it seems too much.
  • kingcripple
    13 years ago
    I kind of feel lucky now. At my club that i go to, any of the clubs I have been to, a coke is only $4
  • canny
    13 years ago
    I don't get charged for Coke at the clubs that I go to. They charge me for alcoholic drinks, but they don't charge me for pop. Then again, I also tip $1 for every drink and I smile and say thank you.
  • HonestT
    13 years ago
    $1 per drink unless she is really hot/nice, then $2. If I can cop a feel or I get multiple drinks (3-4) for the table, I'll tip $5.
  • Doc_Holliday
    13 years ago
    $2 a drink, min $5, per my bartender friend. We often go on Rick and Buck's $1 beer, $2 and $3 drink special nights to compensate. If the drink is odd change round down. $5 on a bucket of ice at BYOB. I seem to get good service with these.
  • steve_ny
    13 years ago
    It depends on how long I am there, if I am buying drinks for the ladies. If I knew the bartender, I would throw her something decent early in the night. She would hook me up with free drinks so it worked out.
  • smokeshopjoe
    13 years ago
    OK let me dust off the old reservoir dogs mr pink rant... umm on second thought I'll skip it. I worked at several jobs the only 2 I ever got tipped at were being a runner at a music/theatrical venue (best tip $100), and the smoke shop (best tip$20 or a blow job). I now work at a speciality gardening store, read between the lines and you can figure out what kind of a place that is. I lug around heavy ass bags of soil, lights, weird speciality implements. I give expert advice to increase yields and quality I have been told by one customer that my advice on a 5 min extra step in his process netted him a 10% jump in his yield easily worth $4k or more in his pocket and you know how many times I have been tipped that is right fucking never! So fuck the waitress she gets no more than $1 and remainder of change (like I fucking need a pocket full of coins during a lap dance) seriously how fucking hard is it to get me my fucking drink. Hell half the time they seem to get lost for a good 10 min. The door girl can suck it too when was the last time they ever cut you a break. Bouncers no need to tip them just be cordial and jovial with them and that will get you miles. if i think it is needed jackson shuts a lot of people the hell up and both grant and franklin will change peoples minds rapidly too.
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    I go to BYOB places quite a bit, so of course not there. As for non-BYOB clubs, they run the gamut from no pressure at all to highly pushy, so it's hard to lump everyone into one boat. I usually tip just $1, but some places have that dollar go farther than others.
  • JohnBuford
    13 years ago
    My experience has been that good tipping isn't an expense,it's an investment.I've gotten back more than I've given over the long haul.Tip well,smile,say "please/thank you/you're welcome" and usually good things will come your way.
  • Player11
    13 years ago
    Assuming the waitress is in the know, I tip them well so they can steer me to an extras girl.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Beer $1

Jack $2

Like Player11, those I know that steer the right dancers to me, a bit more.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion