tuscl

Seniors Gone Wild (Grey Cup Version)

Art, remember any of the combatants?

http://sports.yahoo.com/sportsminute

8 comments

• farmerart
    13 years ago
    Oh yeah,CTQ, I remember the incident in the '63 Grey Cup that caused this hilarious brouhaha 48 years later. The old guy with the cane is Angelo Mosca, a dirty, dirty defensive lineman back in his day. Joe Kapp, the guy who knocked fat Angie on his keester was the QB for the BC Lions back then. Mosca put the best Lions' player out of the game with a gutless out of bounds hit and, obviously, Kapp has harboured hard feelings ever since. Kapp was just about the lousiest passer ever to play the QB position in CFL history but he was also one of the toughest SOBs to play that position in Canada AND a winner.

Kapp went on to an NFL career with the Vikings during the Bud Grant era in Minnesota. I know little about the NFL, but I think Kapp had a decent NFL career after he left Canada.

What say you, GoVikings?
  • thesamurai
    13 years ago
    I am, unfortunately, a suffering Vikings fan. He played here three seasons back in the late 60's. Led the vikes to a superbowl one of those years, they lost. He was about a 50% accuracy passer, bad by today's standards, but those Vikings teams were defense first, ground/pound grinder teams so Kapp was actually a very very good QB in that system.

Kapp should get in the cage with Georges St. Pierre. He looks like he still packs some bang in those punches!
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    That was a great video watching the old guys going at each other up on the podium. I saw it several times yesterdays on the news and laughed every time.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Well, Kapp tried to give Mosca a flower ... then it all went downhill ... more testament to guys having trouble expressing their feelings (lol).
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    It's funny to see old guys fight. But I have to reflect on the fact that I'm only a decade younger. It's probably funny to young guys when they see me with dancers in a strip club.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    jack,

Some younger guys resent the dancers being with us "old timers". They often don't have the disposable income we have to keep dancers around. I love the look on the face of some youngster when my current sort of favorite "C" leaves them as soon as I walk in and sits with me.
  • txtittyfan
    13 years ago
    Clubber,

I thought the dancers hung out with us old timers for our big dicks not our money.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    ttf,

Oh ye of disillusionment! :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion