tuscl

The most annoying thing to happen

I stopped frequenting Seamless in Las Vegas after getting charged $10 (as a local) to enter the club, quite bothered by the fact that I could go to a dozen other clubs and walk in for free but they still insisted on a small cover charge (and what bothered me more is I'd spend $200-400 on some outings). In this city I have options but I wonder if there are other instances where you stopped going to a place juss for lil annoying stuff like this?

4 comments

• Book Guy
    18 years ago
    Golfer: u comin' to our Memphis Meet Up? There's a whole thread 'bout it ...
  • Golfer99
    18 years ago
    I haven't stopped going to the club, but I don't go there at night. At the Platinum Plus in Memphis on any night but always on Thursday - Saturday night you pay to get in and then are hit before you get into the club proper with your 2 drink minimum. You have to buy your 2 drinks that are sitting in a tub of ice, semi-cold right there and walk around trying to find a place to sit which usually will take at least 30 minutes. I just stopped going at night. The dancer quality at day is not as good (1 grade lower on average) and the quantity is less but the ratio is higher and the mileage is higher.
  • lotsoffun201
    18 years ago
    Huge...Since we are both from the same neck of the woods, I have to agree the local cover charge is a bit chintzy on their part. I did gothere a few times in the afternoon, and was impressed with nearly every aspect of the club. As far as I am concerned, though, for us locals, SR, and Cheetah's are probably best in the afternoon. I still like Play it Again Sam though. Very comfortable for me there. Just my opinion.
  • minnow
    18 years ago
    I wouldn't quit going just for that.. Really, now, $10 is a drop in the bucket stacked up next to the $200-$400 that you're willing to spend. How does dancer attractiveness, lap mileage, atmosphere, and a host of other tangibles/intangibles stack up against other clubs?? Was club in ? a destination, diversion, or certain change of pace niche filler? Ahh, so many things can make blood rush to ones head- follow that!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion