tuscl

What Is Happening To Me?

Monday, September 26, 2011 3:22 PM
Apart from a four day business trip to Montana/North Dakota I have been in the isolation of Canada's north for three months and I will be here for another six weeks until a business trip to Toronto in mid-November. For the first while I was pining away for SCs and the delightful services available in the kind of clubs that I patronize. Now I am more often dreaming of a good Bordeaux and a fine meal or single malt and stimulating conversation. Other guys have posted threads about being tired of lap dances or finding that naked dancers no longer stimulate the libido. Even though I am delighted once again to be experiencing the buzz of business I am amazed that my SC interest is currently waning. I am not getting my usual pleasure out of tuscl either. Anybody else go through a similar period of the SC blahs?

12 comments

• georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    No. You've just substituted one thrill for another. In fact, the club scene might now be one of those "been there, done that" types of things for you. It might regain some of it's luster once you get back to it.
  • Doc_Holliday
    13 years ago
    I imagine once your feet touch ground in Toronto, you'll sing a different tune...
  • rrbill
    13 years ago
    I have the blahs because for the first time in decades I am living in a town with no strip clubs. Furthermore, even if there were one next door, I don't have the cash, having spent most of my sustenance on cat food. Beware retirement, Art!!!
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    I don't that's all bad, Art. Likely will be much cheaper than to roam the clubs in search of the perfect lapper.
  • thesamurai
    13 years ago
    I'm in the same boat at the moment farmerart. I have a total case of the blahs...it may or may not be coincidental with the start of NFL football and the gambling that goes with it. lol but I have been much less interested in SC's the last few weeks. It doesn't help that the nearest club is a 45 min drive, and the nearest good club is a 2 hr drive on windy rural highways with ditches that seem to launch deer or skunks at cars every few miles.
  • EarlTee
    13 years ago
    I think it's normal to go through phases where getting a hot lap dance just doesn't seem all that thrilling. I went through a phase like that a couple of years ago, for about three minutes.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    art, you're a macho guy-lots of testostarone in your veins. You might be experiencing a momentary lag in your level of that vital hormone.
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    It's like when you stop going to the gym for awhile, you have to force yourself to go back in and work out.
  • fillyfan
    13 years ago
    Sounds like you have an opportunity to save some cash, get some rest to build up your libido, and have a great time in Toronto in November!
  • pabloantonio
    13 years ago
    Art: I think we all go through the same thing from time to time. Don't worry, once you are in the company of a beautiful woman again, testosterone will surge and that good Bordeaux, a fine meal or single malt and stimulating conversation will be sweet dessert.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Life, art. The others pretty much nail it down.
  • SharkyRick
    13 years ago
    Art - Almost every Sailor knows what you are going through - it's like going to sea. When you mind and body know you are not going to see any for awhile it distracts itself with other thoughts. As the next port of call nears, the thoughts start to reappear until you can see land and "channel fever" sets in. I'm sure you will feel better when you start packing your bags for Toronto.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion