tuscl

Old School Strippers

I have yet to visit San Francisco as an adult. When I do, I'll be sure to visit the Condor Club in North Beach simply for the history of it.

Here's an interview with Lili St. Cyr from 1957. She was around 40 at the time and had been dancing since 18.

Mike Wallace proves to be a cocksucker, as he was paid to be, for 1950's America. But many of the statements seem to still stand true today. But I disagree with a lot of it, I like show business and I think this is an art.

Interesting clip.

http://www.hrc.utexas.edu/multimedia/vid…

If you run across any other old shit or favorite strippers/go-go dancers of past, post 'em.

6 comments

• spandexman
    13 years ago
    I remember seeing Blaze Starr dance in 1975 in Seattle. She was well along in age at the time, but what a show. She truly knew the art of striptease, and really wowed the small crowd. I was in the Army at the time and a bunch of us wanted to see history.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    Mike Wallaca had a TV show in 1957 and he's still around ? I think term limits should extend beyond politics to network TV.
  • smokeshopjoe
    13 years ago
    Now the real question is, Is that how Mikey felt or is that how his overlords told him to feel. I also find it funny how now smoking is bad and stripping is just another job... oh how times change
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    "Mike Wallace proves to be a cocksucker, as he was paid to be"

Worst lap dance experience ever!
  • Book Guy
    13 years ago
    Some of the burlesque shows in New Orleans include one or two of the older ladies -- they're in their 60s or 70s from the looks of it. They are saggy and wrinkly and unpleasant to look at, but they move very very gracefully and have put together a very nice dance-act that does NOT involve total removal of covering to display any of the unfortunate assets they possess. I really appreciated seeing it, from a "gosh she's taken a lot of care" point of view. I wasn't turned on in the least, nor were the men her age, and none of us had ever heard of her. It seemed, rather, that the younger people running the burlesque had requisitioned the older ladies for advice, and perhaps as "spiritual mascot," since it wasn't anyone with a note-worthy name. No Starr or Page here. But it's nice to know some of the younger gals may visit 'em in a hospital if they get sick, and so forth. Kind of gives a feeling of, "We're all in this together, and New Orleans will go on and on, nobody can stop it," which I sympathize with greatly. Old generation to new, that stuff, props!
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Did anyone else find that video as boring as I did? I didn't even make it halfway through.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion