tuscl

Adelitas Way

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
Saturday, August 13, 2011 10:42 AM
There is a rock band called Adelitas Way that has been getting heavy play on Sirius XM and local radio the past two years. Apparently, their name does comes from an incident at the #2 club on TUSCL. WIKIPEDIA The band was formed in 2005 in Las Vegas, Nevada by lead vocalist Rick DeJesus, lead guitarist Chris Iorio and drummer Trevor Stafford. During a band road trip to Los Angeles, California, they took a detour to San Diego, California, and when Rick woke up from a nap in the back of the band truck, they were getting arrested in Mexico. Corrupt cops robbed the band, but Rick stowed 20 bucks away in his sock. When the cops saw that Rick had no money on him, they mugged him and took off. Freaked out, the band went to the first bar they saw in Tijuana to have a beer and calm their nerves. It was the Adelita Bar. “There were a bunch of young, really pretty girls and I realized it was basically a brothel,” explains Rick. “I chatted with one girl, questioning why she was living this life? And I wrote a song about it. The band name emerged from the sad stories behind the ‘Way' they lived at the Adelita—Adelitas Way. As a songwriter,” Rick continues, “I'm very emotional, I put myself in people's shoes a lot and live vicariously. My songs are about true situations.”

7 comments

• joesparty
    13 years ago
    I still kick myself for not going to Adelita's when I was in Tijuana. Went to Hong Kong and, being a newbie, was so freaked out by the whole experience, went back to SD without stopping at other clubs. Maybe someday. Still, I wonder how many people who listen to Sirius get the reference? What channel are they on?
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    They are usually on Octane. For me the story sounds too good to be true. Why would you take your vehicle with all of your band equipment into Mexico? And they go into a brothel to get some beers right after being robbed?
  • Digitech
    13 years ago
    Right. Probably the guy went there knowing full well what it was about.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    interesting article. what is the name of the song they wrote about their Tijuana experience?
  • bang69
    13 years ago
    I can see why he wrote a song about Adelitas. been there once & owed never to go back
  • scpatron
    13 years ago
    Thanks for the interesting bit of trivia. I used to hear their song "Invincible" on the way to the strip club on one or two occasions. It used to get me pumped up. (Chorus: "I'm feeling invincible tonight / I'm alive, take a look into my eyes / This time, I'mma take you for a ride / I'm invincible tonight . . .")
  • gsv
    13 years ago
    What you have to realize about Adelita's is that it's not really a strip club, this is a whore house - no sugarcoating it, honestly. If that's your thing, it's great...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion