tuscl

New Mexico Clubs?

Saturday, August 13, 2011 10:31 AM
Are there really only 7 clubs in all of New Mexico? Seems to me there used to be more. Have some closed? Been pulled from the system? Am I just misremembering?

6 comments

• reno66
    13 years ago
    The population of the state does not encourage strip clubs as there are not enough patrons.More people shoud move to this fabulous state. the economy is better here than the East. I have been to this state but never to a strip club . The reviews were all bad. Texas cities are not all that far away and I think that is where the market is as the rules in Texas are very lax.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    Back in the early 1980's, there were 2 in Albuquerque, 1 in Santa Fe, and then you had to travel to El Paso to go to a club. El Paso is officially in Texas, but it's basically a New Nexico city. With that said, in the late 80's, a couple of young millionaires in Roswell wanted to open a club just outside the city limits. Their fathers, and other millionaires said "NO", and the idea died (Roswell actually has a bunch of millionaires).
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Aug 14....A controversial strip club in northeast Albuquerque opened its doors quietly this week despite the attempts from nearby businesses to keep it from opening. The Palms fully nude club opened Thursday night at San Mateo Boulevard and McLeod Road. The Planning Commission approved the club to open, but nearby business Defined Fitness argued that its day care is a school and said the club would be violating zoning laws. Shannon Kauffman, the club's manager, said they are all about creating jobs and invite neighbors to ask any questions. "I'd also like to extend our thanks to the community for allowing us to be here and invite anyone curious about our establishment to come down…there's no cover right now…we're gonna be open for business. Come down and look at it," Kauffman said. The managers said they went out of their way to create a classy, well-lit establishment.
  • Harderlap
    13 years ago
    I dropped the by the Palms yesterday, August 13, and it wasn't open yet, but the door was open so I walked in. They were still doing finishing work. No signs to tell what kind of place it will be, topless, nude, alcohol, BYOB, cover, hours of operation, and so on. It looked like an upscale place though. I will check it out and let everyone know. There was a clubs in Aztec, but they went out of business. Ditto for a very short lived one in Las Cruces. The Eclipse/Spearmint Rhino went out of business in Albuquerque a couple of years ago. So did All Fours, but that was kind of a sleazy place. Of the clubs that remain in Albuquerque, I worry about Knockouts downtown. There doesn't seem to be many people there when I go. Part of it is the economy, part of it is the legal climate, part of it below average clubs, and part of it is that there aren't that many patrons to support that many clubs. Also, Palms is near TD's North, so I wonder if that will impact business at both clubs. In my experience, TD's North and TD's Gold are in a different class than the rest of hte clubs in NM. The others are nothing special, and seem to hang on because there isn't anything closer. El Paso clubs, which are much more hands on than NM clubs, hurt clubs trying to get established in the Southern part of the state. If the Palms is well lit, it will have trouble competing. :^)= In my experience, the clubs in Albuquerque, are about average for the US, but miles behind many places that have much more liberal club laws.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    I think the old Mexico clubs are better
  • bodaniels26
    13 years ago
    as a current El Pasoan and native Texan I resent that comment.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion