tuscl

NO, It's not Detroit again.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

Owner Of OKC Strip Club Shot And Killed

Posted: Aug 11, 2011 6:25 AM PDT Updated: Aug 11, 2011 6:25 AM PDT

The owner of Lucky's in northwest Oklahoma City was shot and killed Wednesday, Aug. 10.

LaShauna Sewell, News9.com

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma City police arrested a man accused of gunning down the owner of Lucky's, a strip club in northwest Oklahoma City.

Police say around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, a man became upset because he wasn't allowed inside the club at N.W 10th Street and Portland. Investigators say that's when the suspect pulled out a gun and started shooting.

The club's owner was shot once in the head. He was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he died.

The suspect took off, and police quickly launched a search. They even brought in police helicopter Air One and K-9 dogs to help find the suspect.

Police found a man who matched the suspect's description. They say when they tried to make contact with him he ran, but officers quickly caught and arrested him.

The suspect is now in Oklahoma County Jail. Police say they've also recovered the weapon used in the shooting

15 comments

• Dudester
    13 years ago
    I checked the club's reviews and it's not a ghetto club, more of a bikini bar where not much goes on. Looks like some guy was cut off from his pussy supply, and he thought that he'd rather have lifetime accomodations in the Ironbar Hilton, with a cellmate named Bubba, then to go another strip club or an AMP.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    YAYYY !!! I'm glad it's not Detroit again. I have sympathy for the man's family.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    I googled the article. It may be not be Detroit again, but the perp is...

Well, just look for yourself. I've already been accused of being a racist in another thread.

• rh48hr
    13 years ago
    Its amazing how stupid some people are. I'm going to kill you, because you disrespected me by not letting me into your strip club. I would rather spend the rest of my life in jail as opposed to giving my money to your competition. I certainly hope he gets his ass pummeled (both ways)in prison.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Motorhead: It's a tragedy, no matter where it happened. Detroit is not alone in the struggle to police thug conduct inside and around strip clubs. Identifying the alleged perp by race is not racist. Saying such thug behavior is typical of a racial group is racist. More importantly, recognizing that the glamorization and glorification of thug culture is not racist. Black club employees get shot by black thugs.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    SuperDude, I like your input and your perspective, so let me ask why profiling is so bad? In business and science people get rewarded for analyzing the data and making predictions of certain trends and tendencies. Nobel prizes are rewarded to chemists and economists who do the same thing. Marketing researchers get paid huge salaries to predict that a suburban housewive with a college degree is going to spend $627 per year in window treatments at the Home Depot. It's called data mining, statistical anaysis, data inference, or marketing research. Yet, when it comes to race, religon, or nationality, it's called "profiling" and it becomes a dirty, obscene word.

When strip club managers around Michigan (and elsewhere) look wtih a cautious eye at 18-40 year old African-American males and search the customers for weapons at some clubs, they cry foul. I don't get the same treatment when I walk into the Flight Club with my $85 Ralph Lauren shirt - is this fair? Probably not. But since when is life fair when a guy whos only skill in life is that he can post up to the basket gets paid more in one night than a teacher does in two years.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Recession kills stripper Thursday, Aug. 11.

Judith Rhony, CityNews8.com

Miami -- Miami police reports show that a stripper was killed while on stage. It appears that a customers, due to the recession, were throwing rolls of pennies at her.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    YIKES!! I can think of a few strippers to throw rolls of Susan Anthony dollars at. Thanks for the tip, Clubber.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Motorhead--You have touched the third rail of racial politics in this country. People draw distincions and make judgments about many things, including who they want to be around, based on class. Race in America is still a basis for determining class. Black physicians, dentists, lawyers, accountants, business owners, mainstream ordained clergy, educators and public officials were treated as if they were lower class and didn't belong by whites who never finished high school but were in a position to say "no entry." That was the understory behind the public accomodations section in the 1964 Civil Rights Act. For a time after it became law, the majority of older black people told the youngsters "We fought to get this for you. You must always conduct yourself with dignity in public." Then the social compact fell apart. The elders died off and were replaced by single mothers and gangsta boyfriends. Rap and hip-hop replaced R&B. Rough lyrics became the norm. So did bad manners. As coarse manners became the norm for too many youngsters, who rejected any concept of dignified conduct as "acting white," we saw the things that my parents and grandparents would rail against. Loud music blaring out of cars, vulgar and coarse conversation at full volume in public and in the presence of women and children, picking fights and brandishing guns over nothing but an imagined slight to one's pride and wearing baggy pants and hoodies in an effort to identify with thug and prison culture. My parents, both still alive but in declining health, would put me through a wall for even thinking about acting like that at home or in public.

Yeah, I'm 65 years old and I think I have seen all sides of the issue. I don't like being thrown in the class with thugs when I wear a hooded sweatshirt with my high school graduation year on it. (Hell, simple math will tell you that I'm over sixty and not likely to be thug.) Yet, I understand the business owner using an unposted and unannounced dress code to keep ganstas out of his club. I think it's wrong, but I understand the reason. I may believe it should not apply to me, but the white boy at the door of a strip club is enforcing the manager's rules. He doesn't know me and doesn't care to understand me. I'm not going to stand and argue about it. Few guys will file a lawsuit--a public acknowledgment that they were at a stripclub.

When I fly I carry multiple ID. Driver's license, U.S. passport and ID from federal employment, even though I'm retired. I have been told that my skin color confuses people who think I am Mexican, Middle Eastern, African-American or from India. (We all look alike.) AFter clearing security I have been asked to step out of line at the door to the airplane and show ID again. That's when I drop my federal ID on them.

Market research, as you correctly point out, is a fact of life. It gets dicey when race is employed. Realtors steering black families away from certain neighborhoods to avoid reaching a "tipping point" may be acceptable to preserve what candidate Jimmy Carter called the "ethnic purity" of neighborhoods. Most whites can never feel or understand the state of controlled rage that still grips the black middle class. We are told to go somewhere else. Why? Because we don't want the rest of your kind flooding in here. Three black professionals in suits are stuck in a booth by the SC restroom. Why? Prime seating is reseved for whites with money and we don't want white guys seeing a cluster of black guys as soon as they come in the door.

As for the basketball player earning more than a teacher. Professional sports salaries are inflated by anything approaching reality, but the public continues to buy the tickets and products that support them. Teachers salaries are horribly depressed, given the importance of the job, not necessarily the hours worked. The public has turned its back on public education.

Life is not fair. Racism is real. I live with my guard up.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    ...inflated beyond anything approaching reality...
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    SuperDude,

Thanks for taking the time for the gracious explanation. I probably do struggle wiht my own fears and prejudices. But your perspective helps.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    What does this say, if anything?
    http://www.detnews.com/article/20110814/…
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    Wow. Its sad when you see innocent victims such as the three-year old. Then you read the sidebar and see the ages of a lot of the victims are under 18 years of age. This all comes back to parenting and education. Its not a guarantee, as nothing is, but if some of these men had strong MALE parental figure putting them on the right track and making sure they had their education, the crime rate would go down. Politicians don't see this and keep making cuts to education. Teachers are busting their butts to teach kids with small salaries, no supplies and the rest of the world advancing on them in all areas including technology.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Well, guys, we had a spike Friday night here in Detroit. 7 dead in 16 shootings. I don't know why they happened, or if they happened at strip clubs, but thought I should pass it along. Like I said before, I don't like to report bad things, but it's something to be aware of anywhere (and I do mean anywhere) these days.
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    In general, it will probably get worse. Something like 41,000 people are going to be thrown off welfare rolls in the end of October. No jobs, no money, and winter rolling in. I don't think it is going to be good.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion