tuscl

Men, dogs, and which is Better

For a long time I have been posing the following question to people that I have time to talk to: "Are all Men Dogs?" Ok - some of you guys tend to get a little heated at such a notion and most of you women reading this are just recovering from immediate recognition or a sudden epiphany and probably wiping a tear of humor from your cheek.

I think the answer is YES : Why?

Why is the ratio of women's clubs to men's clubs so miniscule?

Is it our fault that primative man had to be "ready" all the time while women were in better control, significant factors in propagating the species??? Also may be the main factor in why the quality and quantity of sex diminishes in inverse proportion to commitment shown.

Why is it that very quickly, Big Ed takes over any thought processes that had been floating around a guy's head based on the gentle smile of a pretty face?

Ever see a Labrador Retriever go after a piece of meat carelessly dropped on the floor?

(Hmm - piece of meat, probably lost a few femlins there). Seriously, think about it. Dogs aren't bad - some are loving, loyal and would die for you. It's just breaking through the initial reaction of the fact.

So - Am I wrong? Let me know - If a significant majority of you think I am full of it, I'll publish the percentage (If Tuscl approves) and enter the next three clubs with a hearty "Bow-Wow".

17 comments

• jackslash
    13 years ago
    Men are dogs because women are bitches.
  • smokeshopjoe
    13 years ago
    let me first off say good job on not pushing those stereotypes, oh wait... You have also asked some pretty major philosophical and sociological questions. Firstly I will say that the whole women's to men's clubs are skewed for 2 reasons well one really but you can split it into two. The free market dictates what type of club a prospective owner will open or buy. Clearly male dancer clubs just dont make money. Now we can look into why they dont make money, firstly guys are always under the influence of testosterone so there is a primal hormonal drive, now you can look at the standard mating patterns where the male brings gifts to the female. In this case the male gives dollars to the dancers females are not biologically geared giving items and recourses in the mating/ courtship realm. Hence the one sided shift towards men giving and women taking. Now you can take you calling men dogs and shove it in you box of tampons as your argument is judgmental, petty, and childish.
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    jesus why do some of you have to push this stereotypical crap. We are all individuals and everybody responds to sexual stimuli differently, regardless of gender.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Bow Wow!
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    I read a lot, and that doesn't help, but some things in human nature are glaring, and really haven't been addressed. With that said:

Why men are like dogs:

1) Dogs are loyal mates (with one exception I'll address later). In contemporary American society, men are allowed by their woman to have one friend or less. Many men (not all lopaw) do fit into that stereotype.

2) Dogs are hunters, so are men. Men's bodies are built for combat. Men can take a lot more punishment than most women. Dogs will fight to the death, so will men. A bloodhound, once on the scent, will continue until they drop from exhaustion. Some men, on a cause, are the same way.

3) A dog can smell a female in heat from over a mile away. Once locked on that scent, they will go until they find her. They drop their seed, then return to their mate, or normal routine. Is this like any guys you know ?

Why females are like cats:

1) A cat is also a hunter, but a different type of hunter. A cat will scope out an entire area (unlike a dog), before they pounce on their prey. Often, they will toy with their prey before they kill it. Know any gals like that ?

2) Although cats are considered domesticated, in truth they are quite feral. Once outside the family home, a cat goes into a different mode and becomes a dangerous hunter. American females consider a break from the household a vacation. If her vacation is long enough, she'll stray, but not with the intention of finding a new mate, just looking for a new experience, then she returns to domestic mode.

3) While a dog will make one home their home, cats will stray and adopt more than one home. By the same token, human females compartmentalize their emotions. They'll have one love for her offspring, a different kind of love for her mate, another love for her female friend, and another type of love for her male friend. Because of this compartmentalization, a female can hide an affair a lot easier than a man.

3)
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    I'm with lopaw. Everyone is different. When I am with someone, I am loyal to a fault. If I am not with someone, I enjoy whatever comes my way. I recently dated a girl who was also seeing another guy at the same time. I can't do that. But if I did, I would be a dog. What does that make her? This is a spurious conversation piece IMO.
  • pabloantonio
    13 years ago
    I am a dog who loves pussy.
  • Rlionheart
    13 years ago
    Boy, I knew I was gonna take some heat but this is amazing. To Smokeshopjoe:
    No argument on the private sector process. And Lopaw- no argument that I stereotyped but when a large percentage of the population being looked at exhibits a specific tendency, generalizing is useful in further posits. I know that there is nothing profound in the observations I made, they are pretty self evident. But why is the statement, All Men are Dogs, so offensive to so many? Obvious??? Not really. Many responses I've gotten over the years have a defensive quality which is fascinating. What would cause that?? Seriousy, some old geezer (me) asks a question, albeit provocative, and other folks feel there is enough insult in it to sound a little peeved.
    So, guilty as charged on the fact that the sexual response stuff is not new or remarkable, but can you explain why there is the heated response to the comparison? And the obvious 'Negative image of dogs' doesn't completely explain it.Personally, I'm with Clubber and pabloantonio.
    In defense of dogs, they are a great type of creature and have many admirable qualities. I'd much rather be compared to a dog than many other things.

• Clubber
    13 years ago
    Dudester,

I believe it was Animal Planet, some time ago, did a show on the worlds deadliest animals, or something to that effect. Anyway, the domestic cat was #1. Their reasoning was that it is the only animal that kills for "sport" and not food.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Barracuda
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    or Gator lol
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    Rlionheart - I'm not mad at you and I'm not mad about the topic. Many guys are dogs, I just think many of us get a bad rap when it is not always deserved.
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    "You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals
    So let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel"
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    WOOF WOOF !!
  • newmark
    13 years ago
    I know very few men who are as good overall as most of the dogs I know. I would be pretty happy to be compared to a good dog.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    If I were a dog. my cat, Shadow, would claw the shit outta me. So I guess I am not.
  • Rlionheart
    13 years ago
    In the interests of full disclosure............mmmm, full disclosure. No wait:
    About this article, there were about 65 to 70% disagreeing and 25-35% voting for the death penalty.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion