tuscl

Stalled Pinks club in Industry awaits day in Court

http://www.sgvtribune.com/news/ci_184003…

It amazes me that a supposedly savvy and well run organization like Rhino would make this many mistakes. Amateur hour. That, or their bribes fell through.

2 comments

• Dudester
    13 years ago
    Back in the day, there were companies that willfully violated copyright, knowing that they could make more money, selling items until they were forcibly shut down, than if they shut down the second they received a ceases and desist order.

I think chain clubs are thinking they could make $$$ until cops come and forcibly shut the doors. Think about it-how long do you wait for a liquor license, and other permits ? Just set up the club, rake in the bucks, then when you get shut down, say "Ooops, my bad."
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    From my observation of the Rhino company, this does seem to be a new low. When I lived in L.A. (prior to 2006) the Rhino bought two unsuccessful strip clubs, and couldn't turn them around, either. One was the Rio, which maybe lasted less than two years as a Rhino, and then reverted back to being the Rio. The other is the club later known as Cocoon, in Arcadia. I can't recall it's name prior to the Rhino acquiring it, but that one really surprised me--it was on a local street, far from the intersection of an arterial street, in an industrial area. It wasn't likely to attract much drive-by traffic. I don't see what the Rhino's rationale was in acquiring that location. It didn't do well before, during, or after it was a Rhino. I had the impression then, that the Rhino would buy any strip club for sale. I can't comment on any Rhino acquistions, since then, because I moved out of California. Where I live now, there aren't any Spearmint Rhino clubs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion