tuscl

what is taxi dancing?

Friday, June 10, 2011 7:50 PM
saw this on a local club's ad. I know I should call the club and find out what it is. but some times they dont give much details on what they do provide in suspicion of LE. is this kinda like $1 dollar dances for a few second then move on to the next patron? thanks in advance

7 comments

• Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    I would imagine your guess is correct. If so, I don't understand why the club doesn't just advertise, "Dollar Dances." (If it's not, please let us know what that club is offering.) I think that's a commonly understood term in strip clubs. For some brief history and the origin of the term "taxi dancing," look at the first link below. It was a popular form of entertainment in the 1920's and '30s. For a more modern-day application of taxi dancing, see the second link. "Hostess Clubs" were a more recent revival of that form of entertainment. I'm originally from L.A., where they still have a couple of hostess clubs. I remember one in the same shopping center as a strip club I used to go to when I lived there. Taxi Dancers: [view link] Hostess Clubs: [view link]
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    fez-is that you ? You made Lindsay Lohan gay.
  • fesz
    13 years ago
    @Club_goer , yep, google-ing 'taxi dancing' came up with a bunch of irrelevant crap about history of taxi dancing for me @Duster, yep thats me.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Tax me dancing
  • Book Guy
    13 years ago
    Or is it not in-the-club dollar-dancing? I'd love for a strip club to send a taxi to pick me up at the house, and all the way from home to club me and a few dancers were lappin' away ... :)
  • troop
    13 years ago
    i never saw taxis dance.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    I have seen some Mexican cars dance.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion