tuscl

Out Of town Reviews...Jaded?

Clubber
Florida
After having posted a review from a recent visit I made to an out of town club, I've read two more. Seems there is a large discrepancy in reviews. I believe it is due to what we are used to in our local clubs. Perhaps some sort of local or out of town bias should be included in reviews? Your thoughts.

founder?

13 comments

• dudeanonymous
    13 years ago
    I don't have a "local" club and post reviews from the clubs I visit when I travel. I try to take into account the area I'm visiting. For example, WV clubs are full nude, but the LDs are mostly of the lame, no-touch variety. In some NC clubs, I've been asked to sit on my hands during LDs. In SC or FL, my standards are much higher.

Are you suggesting that local reviews be given more weight? I think that throws in a lot of bias in the other direction. If the local laws are bikini dancers only, are the locals going to think this is a great club if they don't know anything else? Wouldn't meet the expectations of a lot of people here. What might be a great club in one area would be a lame one in another, and I don't think you can come up with a way to determine that.
  • scatterbrain
    13 years ago
    ^^^ what he said.
  • newmark
    13 years ago
    I think the comments are much more worthwhile than the numerical ranking anyway; and they really aren't biased when taken as a whole.
  • gillydon
    13 years ago
    I thought the latest scoring formula (for the top 100) already incorporated some mathematical method for handling this sort of bias. However, it would be interesting if when leaving a review it lets you choose whether you're local or out-of-town, and then people reading the reviews could filter to view only local or only out-of-town.
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    Seems like it would be hard to track (I mean, how do we REALLY know Clubber lives in South Florida?)

I agree it is a good idea for a reviewer to indicate whether he is local or an out-of-town visitor, and if local is he is a regular or just occasional visitor, since all those can affect the review.
  • waterguy
    13 years ago
    A good review will take into account the local rules. Most importantly to me, it tells me how much the rules will be bent to keep me, the customer, entertained. Am I constantly being watched by a bouncer looking for a chance to give me a hard time, or am I mostly alone with a dancer eager to please. Is the dancer generally good looking? I don't need a comparison to a Hollywood star, just an indication of whether or not I turn when she walks by to get an extra long look.
    I do like the idea of a simple check box for regular/local/out of town
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    steve229, I implanted a chip in Clubber. We can track his movements in and around South Florida.
  • tttclub
    13 years ago
    I haven't written any out of town reviews, but being from the Detroit area, and reading comments on this site, I am aware of the vast differences from area to area. I know that when I eventually write a review on an out of town trip, I will take local ordinances into account. I am well aware that if I go to another town, there is about a 1% chance I will get the "service" I am used to here.
  • joker44
    13 years ago
    gillydon's checkbox may have some merit, for display purposes, not necessarily to factor into numerical scores.

I've already expressed my skepticism about the value of numerical ratings given the often seen disparity between a reviewer's narritive and his/her numerical ratings. At best numerical rating is for placing clubs in broad segments of categories, such as "best value", it isn't meaningful to say that #5 is really that much better than #8, only that both are in the top 10 of this category.

Disclosure: I've posted reviews of nearby clubs even though I've visited clubs in other states. That was before I knew tuscl existed.

Local reviewers can put a particular club's performance in perspective relative to the local laws and other nearby clubs. They can track the performance of a club over time [changes, getting better or worse, recent LE activity, etc]. And they can alert readers to possible stretching of the local regs.

Through tuscl I'm aware of action in other cities and take that into account but if I'm clubbing in the area with no foreseeable chance to travel elsewhere, I write a review based on local "standards".

Out-of-towners provide another perspective because they can review a club with respect to their club experiences while traveling and home town club experiences. They can also alert local reviewers to add things about clubs we locals take for granted and fail to mention, such as the KS clubs that require "membership" and sometimes enforce the waiting period rather than letting you in as a guest of another member. It's certainly most helpful if out-of-towners are aware of local or state regs before blaming dancers for a poor experience.

Imagine being known as the MO dancer who got caught by LE giving ITC extras while the new law is on appeal. Likely lowers the chances of reversal in MO; inflames efforts to pass similar legislation in KS!

Think she'll ever dance again in any nearby states!!! Talk about being shunned.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    The premiss was meant to be more an indication of local vs. visitor comment. I don't much go for numerical ratings anyway. I'm not conversant in HTML, so I don't know if a particular review could be tagged local or visitor. As water indicated, "A good review will take into account the local rules." Problem is, a visitor would know the local rules, so what may be a very liberal club to a local, might be a joke to me, being from South Florida.

steve mentioned how would anyone know I was truly in South Florida? Well other than vm, no one does, but then any review we see is could be a bald faced lie. Myself, I tend to trust the integrity of those that have many reviews.
  • pabloantonio
    13 years ago
    I think for the honest reviewer, it doesn't matter where he or she is from. I have been to clubs in different cities and states. Although I haven't written a review on every club, I always review the same way. I describe the club, the dancers, and my experiences.

I rate the club on its design, cleanliness, service, lighting, and atmosphere.

I rate the dancers on their personality, attitude, beauty, and dance ability. If a dancer gives me an air dance and other dancers are grinding customers, then she will get a lower score. If they all give air dances, then I don't deduct points, its obvious she is doing all she can.

The club's dollar value is rated according to its prices and bang for the buck. If they charge $20 to get in, and dances are $30, and drinks are $10 minimum, then the dollar value goes way down.

You only need to compare reviews on the same club to get a feel of what to expect. It has been my experience that the averages from the reviews are pretty accurate. Someone's 6 may be my 8 and vice-versa. But it all averages out to be very close. That is why I lean heavily on this website for club information and averages. TUSCL hasn't let me down yet.
  • chimark
    13 years ago
    It would be nice if there was an option to say first visit to the club, return visit, regular attendee. I always try and say I was visiting on business on clubs outside of the Chicago area when I review other places to let people know this isn't a place I tend to get too often, but there are a few clubs/cities I visit more then others and I have gone to those places more then just once...
  • basketball
    13 years ago
    Listen to the facts of the review, not so much the opinions. The girls were hott. Is that compared to the girls back home? The girls let me touch them everywhere for no extra charge. That is universal, where ever you live.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion