tuscl

Is it golf or strip clubs that make Myrtle Beach a tourist spot?

pop
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Sunday, May 1, 2011 9:28 AM
Crystal "Shy" Roberts climbed the roughly 10-foot pole at the Penthouse Club, gripping its metallic surface with her thighs as it swayed a foot in both directions. On that early April Friday night, Roberts played to mostly small groups of men seated around small cocktail tables in low-slung chairs at the Horry County club. Many of the men wore polo shirts and baseball caps and smoked cigars as dancers moved from lap to lap through the room. For a dancer such as Roberts, spring means more dollar bills from the men who sidle up to her on the stage as golfers flood the area's courses and strip clubs. Many golfers will drive for hours to come from the Northeast and Midwest during peak season, which club operators say runs from mid-February to early May. Some golfers come just as much for strip clubs as for the golf, she said. "There's golf courses everywhere else, why come to Myrtle Beach if you don't have strip clubs?" 27-year-old Roberts said between dances. Read more: [view link]

8 comments

• shadowcat
    13 years ago
    It's golf with strip club benefits. Coming from Atlanta, I can never get past Columbia & Platinum Plus. From what I have been told the prices are higher there and I haven't missed anything.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    The strippers I have met from Myrtle Beach are ROBs. I met one last night. She was hot but told me "the more money you spend on me the better you get to know me". She was hot so I was still considering but when I stage tipped her she gave me no contact. Here in Columbus it is against the rules for any contact with stage tipping but some dancers still do it anyways (boobs in the face, etc.).
  • imnumnutz
    13 years ago
    I really liked the one girl who was pictured in the linked story. And is that Horry County or Horny County?
  • dudeanonymous
    13 years ago
    I've been there on vacation, but have never been in a club there. From what I've heard, it's expensive even for eye candy.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I like that profile picture boob massaging
  • magicrat
    13 years ago
    The guys I know that go there on golfing trips don't get out much otherwise so they kind of go wild when they get away from "Mama". Remember you can't usually play golf at night...and putt putt isn't real golf.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I used to go on vacation there long before I even knew what a strip club was. Just in case you're thinking something, my father was with us the whole time. I found in a quick search that anywhere from 11 to 14 million people visit Myrtle Beach every year. I'm not sure what percentage of those are golfers instead of just families visiting. The percentage of golfers visiting strip clubs would be even less I imagine. As far as just visiting and not going to strip clubs, it is the beach and one of the first warm waters spots except possibly some NC beaches when traveling south. The water is warm during the late spring until October I believe. Then it's like visiting any other large tourist city with overpriced lap dances, shopping malls galore, etc. etc. I believe a lot of Canadians go there to visit as well. Hotel rates are not cheap especially if you look at ocean side rooms which book up fast. What I like about the strip clubs in Myrtle and North Myrtle is that there is a lot more eye candy to look at. It may be expensive but I do enjoy looking at a lot of eye candy without necessarily having to buy dances. I can get dances from some of the same dancers who work at Myrtle Beach right in the upstate. I even realized I know (just from them working in the upstate) a dancer or two working at the beach. They moved several years ago. Well that was true a couple of years ago, things change.
  • bumrubber
    13 years ago
    I've spent a lot of time there on business. There's golf, but that industry is way down with the economy. The beach is the biggest draw, for families but also blue collar vacationers who either can't afford or eschew fancier places. It's definitely a redneck riviera. There used to be an AFB there. That itself means SCs! The tradition continues. Then there's the bikers. And more bikers. And tattoo parlours. And big nightclubs with drunken "Jersey Shore" types. And bars open all night. And drugs. And strippers.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion