tuscl

government giving money to dancers?

Monday, April 18, 2011 1:37 PM
I recently traveled to my fav club and seen a dancer I hadn't seen in a long time. I asked her where she had been, and she told me "the government gave me money to take some time off"?? she'd been gone for like 3 months. the question I have is, is this stripper BS'ing me, or does the government really do this, and if so, how can I research it?

6 comments

• mmdv26
    13 years ago
    Maybe she was in prison and got paid for making license plates.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    At my last job there were people who quit right in that Dec. 22-Jan. 2nd frame with the intent of taking their check and getting an instant refund with the credits involved and being out of work until at least April. When I questioned a smart friend about it, he answered "That's three months you don't have to work." To some people, it is vitally important to work the least amount available.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    This means a "family values" politician took her with him on a 3 month around the world trip funded by American taxpayers.
  • troop
    13 years ago
    the government gives money to lots of dancers, it's called welfare.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    Our current government will give out money if they think you aren't making enough money. Take from the rich and give to the poor. The rich seem to have a different perspective. I'm ok with giving refunds back of money they already collected via payroll taxes or other taxes but I don't like our government giving money out to people who did not pay it to start with. That type of government deserves to collapse. I hate to say that because I live here and we can't afford that. Well if all the rich people want to give most of their income to the government, maybe we can afford that. I'm not rich but would really like it if I was one day.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    shark, Your last sentence is the deal breaker. You say, "I'm not rich but would really like it if I was one day." In the United States, that was once the aim of most everyone and it was achievable, but not guaranteed. Now these days, the liberals of this country punish, at every turn, those that are willing to work and work hard to become successful. Makes it damn difficult to prosper!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion