tuscl

Brooklyn (not NY) IL

happylap
Michigan
I was wasting time on GoogleEarth the other day and noticed that in the tiny town of Brooklyn, Illinois, less than a square mile, there are 5 churches and 5 strip clubs.

8 comments

• sinclair
    14 years ago
    And the town is a trash-strewn dump.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    How many of the churches are boarded up?
  • quicknight
    14 years ago
    Any good clubs there?
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    It's a complete cultural experience: food, water, faith and sex.

• wwpmi
    14 years ago
    I have had more fun in Washington Park, IL then Brooklyn, IL. Don't know why but more fun and less money IMO.
  • happylap
    14 years ago
    I wasted more time on the internet and now I feel a little sorry about making fun of Brooklyn. I found that Brooklyn (formerly know as Lovejoy) was the first town in this country founded by African Americans. The decline is sad. I read this on Wikipedia: "The village .... has struggled with loss of jobs, persistent crime, and a limited economy and tax base. A cluster of bars and strip clubs provide a primary source of revenue in its limited economy. In June 2007, it was reported that three-quarters of Brooklyn's revenue of $380,000 comes through sales tax and a $30,000 licensing fee from the adult clubs." Only 676 people live in Brooklyn. At least us tusclers are helping to support a struggling town.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    There is a city outside of LA called City of Industry(COI). Small population but great strip club city because it has less rules/regulations than LA.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    from the brooklyn, IL wiki:

"A cluster of bars and strip clubs provide a primary source of revenue in its limited economy. In June 2007, it was reported that three-quarters of Brooklyn's revenue of $380,000 comes through sales tax and a $30,000 licensing fee from the adult clubs"
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion