tuscl

Armed Men Invade Detroit Strip Club

sinclair
Strip Club Nation

DETROIT (WXYZ) - Detroit police are on the lookout for multiple men possibly armed with AK-47's.

Police say at least three men with guns went into Tycoon's strip club on 8 Mile and Groesbeck. They reportedly told everyone to get down.

No shots were fired. Not clear if anything was stolen. The men took off.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/detr…

12 comments

• jackslash
    14 years ago
    "Police say at least three men with guns went into Tycoon’s strip club on 8 Mile and Groesbeck. They reportedly told everyone to get down."

This report is incorrect. What really happened is I went into Tycoon's with my AK-47 and told all the strippers to go down on me.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    One thing I did not know before visiting D is that it is one of the most populated muslim areas in the USA. Just based off their weapon of choice, I am guessing they are muslims.
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    UPDATED

DETROIT (WXYZ) - At least three men armed with guns stormed the Tycoons Gentlemen’s Club on Eight Mile near Groesbeck Thursday night, terrorizing customers and staff.

Police tell Action News the men didn't get away with much, only stealing cash from the front door bouncer.

According to a dancer who works at the club who didn't want her name used there were three to five guys. She told us the situation unfolded quickly - with the guys bursting in sith guns and telling everyone to hit the floor.

A Tycoons customer says he was with his nephew inside when it happened.

"They said get down (expletive) and we got down. I just kept telling myself I didn't want to die," Salam Joka said.

Investigators believe the group may include up to five men in their 20's -- and that they may be responsible for a string of bar and strip club robberies that have gone down in the past few weeks across Detroit.

No one was seriously hurt in Thursday's incident.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/detr…
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    I am not surprised. Detroiters and Detroit gangs are increasingly desperate for money or things that can be converted to money. Every cash business is a target. Stores, banks, credit unions, gas stations and cab drivers are routinely hit. SCs are not exempt and a lot of cash flows through those clubs. Today's customer getting an LD could be tomorrow's gang leader. The trouble will really get out of hand when an off duty cop, moonlighting as a stripper, calls for back up and the shooting starts.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    DAMN! Now Sam is never gonna want to visit Detroit again!!!

That said, I wonder whether the crew got charged for the mandatory valet and coat check???

[Wouldn't the valets have ample chance to get the license plate and vehicle description...]
  • Realist123
    14 years ago
    Sure the strip clubs might be nice, if you live long enough to even visit them
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    All righty, just what Detroit needs. Another crime story. Maybe the gunmen went there and got hit by a ROB and decided to get their money back.
  • mikeya02
    14 years ago
    This could happen in any club day or night. Not something to joke about. Happened to me twice, once in a bank and once where I worked, a pharmaceutical wholesaler. Below average lying on the floor with a gun pointed at you!
  • txtittyfan
    14 years ago
    They were probably rehearsing for a rap video.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Don't they know that carrying a gun into a bar isn't permitted in Michigan? Morons. Pay attention.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I still might consider stopping by Tycoon's because that is where runnoft got his great ITC session, remember CTQWERTY posting about it.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Hey, it ain't good anywhere. Noone needs that kind of experience. I'm glad that noone was hurt. I used to be in the restaurant business. Late at night, when I was the only one left, anytime the door opened, I never knew if this was going to be a good thing, a customer, or holdup men. Fortunately, this doesn't happen every day.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion