tuscl

Putting Money Away for Club Visits

Saturday, February 19, 2011 2:17 AM
Another post which mentioned money had me checking my SC funds. Years ago, when I used to sit the tip rail for hours, I would go into the bank and get $100 in singles before a night out. After several comments and knowing looks from bank tellers, I developed a new practice and started routinely tossing my paper change into an oversized envelope in my desk when I broke a $20. Even though I'm mainly looking for LDs now, it's been a hard habit to break. Because of work, weather, holidays, a general lack of business travel, etc., I haven't been to a SC since November. When I pulled out that envelope this afternoon, I discovered I had over $1000, most of it in singles. Anyone need change? I need to hit some clubs soon or I'm going to have to face a bank teller with a huge stack of ones. Does anyone else use the same method to save money for clubbing? For those guys hiding $$ from a SO, how do you do it?

21 comments

• baltimoretraveler
    13 years ago
    Once in awhile, I will ask my bank teller to give me $50 in $1 bills but the majority of the time, I just save any $1 bills I get from breaking a $20/$10/$5 bill. Usually after 1 1/2 weeks, I have a decent amount of $1 bills. I am not about making it rain in a club but having enough to tip throughout the nite as needed.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    What was the reaction of the bank teller when you asked for $100 in singles? Most of the clubs I go to will have a door girl who will be happy to break your big bills into change. They expect a $1 tip or so but not too outrageous. Only club I avoid getting change at is Vanity, which tries to give out $2 bills.
    13 years ago
    You guys don't purchase drinks at the club? I use a $20 most times I order a drink and typically the change is mostly, if not all singles. If I run low, I ask the bartender to break a $20. I've never seen a need to accumulate singles in advance or go to a bank for them. I do typically bring about 10 singles in my pocket. They are left over from a previous visit. I like to have "ammunition" right off the bat and not have to wait on a bartender to give me my initial ones.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    I keep about 20-30 single in my car. When buying drinks, this "stash" gets replenished. Because of my work, I have a number of bank debit cards. So what I do, I auto deposit $50 into each account on payday. That way I always have cash available with just a quick stop at a bank on the way to the club.
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    I also have a habbit of saving singles I get in change. It's like a little SC savings account to help keep the budget under control when I hit a club. I like to bring my own singles so I know I'm not getting short changed when breaking $20s at a club. This isn't a problem where I'm a regular, but the machine at Deja Vu San Diego only gave me like 18 or 19 singles for a 20. However, I usually get stuck getting change at the club when I'm on travel. TSA can't tell the difference between a stack of singles or larger bills...and you think it's awkward at a bank. I've had mixed responses getting singles are banks. At one branch of my bank the tellers though it was so weird that I asked for so many ones. At a second branch, which I guess gets more business clients, they didn't even think twice about it. I wouldn't bother trying to turn in a large number on ones at a bank t oget rid of them. If you not going to spend them at a SC spend them somewhere else. The easiest way is to use them for tips at restaurants.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I have read about how banks will sometimes flag your transaction as potential drug dealer if you go there requesting a large withdrawal in small bills.
  • basketball
    13 years ago
    Are we trying to reinvent the wheel? Just ask the bartender, or any dancer for change. Dancer's love to get rid of there ones so they don't have to go to the bank and get that stare from the teller.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    I can tell you one thing about singles and banks. If there is a SC close to a bank, dancers will use their ATM to deposit their days take. A bunch of sweaty singles with a few $5's-$20's in the mix, can really jam up the ATM. Up sides, no teller involved and always open at whatever time the dancer leaves their club.
  • DougS
    13 years ago
    Like several others said, I don't hold on to singles, nor do I arrive at a SC with them. Just like the others, I will start out my visit with breaking a $20 for the cover charge (if there is one), then my first drink. From those transactions, I will have around 10 ones. I don't worry about being short of singles. If I run out at any time, it's a good excuse for not tipping the "hi, wanna tip me for my dance?" BS. Also, if I go up to the stage for tipping, I will usually tip $5 or $10 when she's one of "my girls", or if it's a girl I want to lure back to my table, she will probably get a $20 as incentive. As for keeping the money away from the SO. I keep a separate bank account - unknown to her, at another bank. Any "extra" income goes in there, such as office pool winnings, fantasy sports winnings, bonus checks from work, etc. If my "fund" gets low, I also pull $10 or $20 out of my wallet and stash it into my account, every few days.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Nothing like using your Flexible Spending Account for strip club therapy.
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    I am one of those guys that get $100 in singles from the bank. I was asked once by a female teller what I need all of those singles for and just told her it was for a poker game; we use cash instead of chips. I hate when they give you a stack of soggy old dollars. I like getting brand new "crispies". The stiffness of the crispies makes folding and sliding into a g-string easier. The most singles I have taken into a club was $200. Too bulky. Now I just carry one stack or a fraction of a stack.
  • DougS
    13 years ago
    The nice "crispies" also tend to easily stick together, so one has to be more careful!!
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    I like to have some singles on hand when I first hit the club, so I put the $1's I accumulate during the week in a jar and grab 10-20 before going to the club. When paying for routine stuff with a debit card, I'll use the cash back option for $10 or $20 and put that aside for cover, drinks, and other incidentals. Then before going to the I just need to draw out what I what to spend on dances.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    Whenever I visit the US I am always annoyed at the mess of ratty washingtons I accumulate. Canada did away with the one dollar bill 25 years ago and the deuce 15 years ago. The fiver is the lowest denomination bill that still circulates; same applies in UK and the euro zone. I often think that the only reason for the washington's continued existence is the function it serves in SCs. Well, God bless 'em for that. It means that those of us that use different denominations in SCs immediately set ourselves above the rabble of the crowd in the dancers' eyes.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    I find myself in the fortunate position of not having to put it away. When I spend what I have on my person, I go to the bank or ATM and get some more. My wife and I make enough to support both our hobbies, though hers is considerably more tame, and quite a bit less frowned upon, than mine.
  • looneylarry
    13 years ago
    Because of the chance of bank correspondence turning up unexpectedly, I have to go the coffee can route. Or wherever else I can safely stash it. But times are lean now and it's about like relying on finding loose change under the sofa cushions.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I often get lots of ones back when buying drinks in one club. Sometimes I even ask for change in ones. It's pretty simple. The only reason I accumulate ones at clubs like that is due to some clubs in my area only offering change in two dollar bills when I visit. I may want change in 5's or 10's and a few ones. I don't care at all for the two dollar bill change. If a dancer likes me, she's not going to care if I gave her a one dollar bill or a two dollar bill because that is not where the money is at anyway, stage tipping that is. Unless you like to make it rain money. However if she talks me into a two for $30 lap dance and it becomes 6 dances for $90, she just made a whole lot more doing 6 dances than she did dancing on stage for 6 songs even if a couple of guys made it rain $20 a couple of times. I like the one dollar bill and hope they never do away with it.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    If you think it's bad having a bunch of one's, just imagine what it is saying to other people when you hand them a bunch of two dollar bills. You hear comments like, oh, I see where you've been, etc. etc. One time I proceeded to pay a dancer partly in two dollar bills for a lap dance. She asked if I could pay her with regular change, she didn't want everyone to know where she had been away from the club. If you live an hour away from such a club and you don't use the two dollar bill change around anyone who gets around, then some people are actually interested in saving the change. One person at the Burger King drive through window said she was going to save my two dollar bill I handed to her. She said she hadn't seen one of those in a long time. I was laughing to myself.
  • Realist123
    13 years ago
    Remind me to find out where you work and break into your desk!!
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    Does someone actually keep a stash of cash at their desk? I would not trust the security at most places to keep cash lying around. At one place I worked at my boss had his programmable calculator stolen. He suspected the cleaning crew. It was a personal calculator and expensive at the time. It never showed back up. He bought a new one just like the old one. He mentioned he was going to have to reprogram the whole thing and that he had a lot of programs in the old one. To his surprise sometime in the next few days someone stole his new calculator and he was happy about it. I asked why and how did he know? He said the old one had a small scratch in one corner and the calculator had all of his formulas he programmed on it. Someone swapped it out thinking he would not notice and kept his new one.
  • uscue13
    13 years ago
    I dont' make spur of the moment SC trips, so when I know I want to go soon, I might make a small withdrawal at the bank for like $50 and ask for four 10s and 10 ones. But like the others said, I'll typically just take 10 ones inside and replenish that with change from my drinks
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion