tuscl

Fly the friendly skies. LOL

Dang, I am glad I have no plans to fly to Asia. Imagine getting on one of these flights.

Reports: Thai airline recruits 'third-sex' attendants
By Ben Mutzabaugh, USA TODAY

The president of a start-up carrier in Thailand has described himself as a "pioneer" for being the airline boss in that nation to seek out transsexuals as flight attendants.

AFP writes:

Fledgling airline PC Air has already recruited six crew of the "third sex" and boss Peter Chan said recruitment, driven by a belief in equal rights, would continue.

"I think these people can have many careers – not just in the entertainment business – and many of them have a dream to be an air hostess," Chan tells the London Telegraph. "I just made their dream come true. Our society has changed. It's evolution. I'm a pioneer and I'm sure there will be other organizations following my idea."

Transsexuals -- also known as "Ladyboys" -- are not uncommon in Thailand, which has one of the world's biggest transsexual populations.

The Telegraph says the transsexuals hired to work at PC Air "will wear special gold-colored 'third sex' name badges to help passengers and immigration staff to easily identify the gender they are faced with."

Thailand's Nation newspaper says Thanyarat "Film" Jiraphatpakorn was among PC Air's first batch of successful "third-sex" applicants.

The 23-year-old Jiraphatpakorn, winner of the Miss Tiffany beauty pageant in 2007, tells the Nation she was thrilled to land the position.

"At first I thought they would just take applications but not actually recruit us, as happened at other places before," she adds.

PC Air says it hopes to begin operations by April, operating charter flights from Thailand to destinations in Asia.

Posted Jan 28 2011 11:53AM

9 comments

• shadowcat
    14 years ago
    As a veteran of 42 years experience with a major air line, including flights to Bangkok, my best guess is that, that is all they could dig up for flight attendents.If they are lucky, they will last about as long as Hooters Air.
  • londonguy
    14 years ago
    If you want to see some wicked and risque humour type in 'come fly with me' on youtube, look for the bit that has BBC alongside it.
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    I guess some guys are into "ladyboys" though its not my thing. I just don't see the big deal of who the attendants are. I've seen some beautiful attendants and some old ugly ones. Didn't make that much of a difference to me. My biggest worry is finding enough leg room and making sure any annoying little kids stay clear of me!

Aren't there some "airline" type businesses the offer "mile-high-club" experiences? Now that might be something!
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Jesus, who's financing PCair??? Citibank? If so, then it's ultimately the U.S. Taxpayer!
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    v,

Maybe you could touch base with the guy and borrow an attendant for your trips to Florida. :)
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    Too late! You're already back.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    AAAAH Yes, I'm back in sunny warm Florida. It was great to be home in Michigan and enjoy all the wonderful things that a cold winter wonderland offers, especially Detroit's finest clubs. I could post new reviews about them, but not much has changed. All the ones I went to offered the usual extra's friendly environment, we Detroiters expect and get. It would be interesting indeed to eye the transsexual flight attendants, but the thought of equipment that might still be there makes me think of an experience a guy I used to work with had on "Eight Mile" He picked up a prostitute, and was getting ready to have sex until he felt the "alleged female's " dick. LMAO
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    From 40 year old virgin:

Jay: Wait, how do you know she was a transvestite?

Andy: Because her hands were as big as Andre The Giant's. And her Adam's apple was as big as her balls.

Jay: So you have no proof.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion