tuscl

Hawaii Theater to close (as early as tomorrow)

chitownguy
Illinois

19 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 19, 2011

Hawaii Theater
    I never got around to reviewing the Hawaii Theater in City of Industry and now I hear that it will close down next week, probably on Thursday.

A lot of strip club customers are probably in mourning because this was the highest-mileage of all the high-mileage clubs. The first time I walked in, a very lovely dancer walked up, sat on my lap, reached down and grabbed my package and asked if I wanted to go in the back and fuck.

It doesn't get higher-mileage than that.

City of Industry is almost exclusively manufacturing and retail. There are very few residents so there are not many people to complain about sex businesses in their neighborhood. As a result, both Spearmint Rhino and Deja Vu have major clubs there and there are several others. Hawaii Theater was always the one to beat. HT did not come down to the level of mileage offered at Rhino. In order to compete, Rhino had to come up to the level at HT.

Reports say the closure is due to a dispute over the building's lease. It is not known if it has anything to do with pressure from the law. The law has generally looked the other way in COI. We shall see if there is a crackdown in the other clubs.

A few years ago, it was announced that City of Industry might build a huge stadium in an attempt to land an NFL franchise. The plan fell apart. If there had been a real chance of an NFL team coming to COI, the strip clubs would have been closed in two seconds.

I only went to Hawaii Theater a few times. I didn't find the management too friendly. A guy at the door demanded to know if I had a cell phone on me. I thought that was funny. What he was really worried about was me bringing in a camera or recording device but he didn't ask about that. He asked if I had a cell phone. Obviously, you could have a camera or even a knife without having a cell phone.

The club was very dark. I thought it was darker than it had to be.

There is a stage in the center where some of the girls dance. Some of the girls there don't dance. They do so well selling lap dances that they don't have to get up and dance.

If you just wanted to watch cute women dance, this was not the club for you although a few of them were very cute.

It is sad to think of all those women out on the street.
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    Crap! HT was on my bucket list. Maybe if it's not LE pressure they'll get the lease worked out and everything will be OK.
  • sandyman
    14 years ago
    Haven't been there in a number of years, but always enjoyed myself. The nice thing about the club was the full menu of choices. You could have a good time with the topless dances on the back wa.ll (which could be very high mileage with the right girl) all the way to FS in the VIP area. If you had the right amount of dollars, you could have any reasonable kind of experience you wanted. I hope that they get something resolved or find a new place to operate
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Oh no! I wonder where Bambi will head to???
  • inno123
    14 years ago
    I do not live too far away. I will try to swing by tomorrow or friday and at least say if the sign is lit and the doors are open.

I would not put to much into the speculation about the stadium. The COI is a long narrow stretch and the location of HT is over a dozen miles away. There are several closer clubs.

As to problems with the landlord the club has been there for some time and at least as of a few months ago also had two massage parlors in the same center. Maybe the landlord ran into problems and there is a new landlord with different standards. Anyhow, plenty of other vacant space is not too far away, most likely towards the east on Gale.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Another one bites the dust ! Maybe. Let us know, inno123
  • trojangreg
    14 years ago
    NO NO NO I will be in SOCAL in early February. Of course I was going to HT I guess Deja Vu will have to do.
  • bumrubber
    14 years ago
    I don't think the stadium matters either. If anything the lack of resistance in COI is why they chose that site to begin with.

I'm actually amazed that the island of vice that is COI has been allowed to continue all these years in SoCal.
  • bumrubber
    14 years ago
    More from SC Hound today:

<a href="http://stripclubhound.blogspot.com/2011/…
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    Tis a sad time indeed in the COI. I haven't been to HT in over a year and doubt that I'll be able to swing by before they close the doors for good. Damn.
  • howyoudoing
    14 years ago
    I called today and the guy I talked to confirmed that they're closing down next Thursday, 1/27/11. The girls will go to one of the other clubs owned by this guy, but if you want the same mileage that HT offered, it was heavily implied that Tropical Lei in Upland is the best bet.
  • bumrubber
    14 years ago
    <a href="http://www.hawaii-theatre.com/">Their website</a> has a message saying they'll be closing the 31st.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    I had planned a trip to SoCal focused on the infamous Hawaii Theatre before I get back in business in May. Sigh. Just another of the many disappointments in my life, I guess.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I was talking to one of my top favorites at the Columbia Platinum Plus on Thursday. She has worked in NYC, Vegas and So Cal(Hawaii Theatre). She said that PP was like a kindergarten compared to Hawaii Theatre. But she is doing her damndest to change that. Their loss, out gain.
  • Cheo_D
    14 years ago
    Drat... Never made it to HT to see if all those reviews were right. Oh, well. The only constant is change I guess.

From the webpage, they are encouraging regulars to switch to the Tropical Lei. One does have to wonder, though, if the climate in U
  • Cheo_D
    14 years ago
    Drat... Never made it to HT to see if all those reviews were right. Oh, well. The only constant is change I guess.

From the webpage, they are encouraging regulars to switch to the Tropical Lei. One does have to wonder, though, if the climate in Upland is as favorable as that in COI apparently was for those who used to go there looking for "a little more" in their experience (or if even it could now attract more attention upon an influx from HT). It's more of a real town as opposed to COI which was contrived to give tax and zoning benefits to some businesses.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    seeing that i most likely would never have made it to the hawaii theater i didn't see any reason to comment here..
    until....
    i clicked the link to their website that redirected to tropical lei.

WOW!!!!!!!! the chick on the front page is hot! just my type! :)
    seeing her was worth a comment! ;)
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    Ya won't see me at those prices.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Hey TLgirl baby do you have any pics of yourself? Maybe give a little motivation to get us in there
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion