tuscl

Stripper Names

Sinz
Wisconsin
Why is it that so many dancers use the same old names? Every club I've been to has a Diamond, Sapphire, Kat, or Precious. If they want to be remembered, especially if they move to another club why not a name that isn't used often? I met a dancer named Lyric, only time I heard of that name and yet it's still easy to remember.

21 comments

• gatorfan
    14 years ago
    Because strippers are females and females do whatever the fuck they want.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    Fake names are like fake tits. Dancers choose them because they think that, that is what men like.
  • bumrubber
    14 years ago
    What shadowcat says. They pick names that they think seem sexy or classy.

Freakanomics had a great chapter on names, how they cycle up and down the socioeconomic ladder over the years.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    just stay away from the places where the strippers names are lance, bruce, goober, bubba, vito, etc.
  • rl27
    14 years ago
    That might be so, but a club run by guys named Bruno or Vito is usually a good place for dances.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    Just once I would like to meet a Persephone, Gillian, Leda, Hermione - anything classical. It would indicate that the girl at least had some imagination.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    "Why is it that so many dancers use the same old names?"

It's a union thing.

Actually, favorites have mentioned the dancers getting together in the dressing room with a new girl to help pick out her stripper name.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    My current favorite isn't common, but it is unheard of, Catalina. I would prefer her real name, which I like a lot, but understand her reasons. Same as why dancers often drive many miles to work, even though my ATF used to drive no more than 5-15 miles, depending on which club she was working.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    I tell you there is no way I am having a lap dance from a stripper named Bruno or Vito.
  • DougS
    14 years ago
    These are strippers... no one ever claimed they were imaginative!

Most clubs have a rule that they can't have two dancers at the same club with the same name.

Surprisingly, over the last few years I've seen an increase in girls using their real names.
  • uscue13
    14 years ago
    I've talked to a few girls that I got to know about the origin of their stripper names. I'd say 75% of them told me when they got hired it was the name suggested by the manager or other girls. A few others picked a name that had personal significance (daughter's name being common or some object that they love like "Clover" and "Tequila" were). I met one who just changed the first letter of her name -- makes it easy to remember and react to when they hear it -- but in her case the new name with the one letter change ended up being another common, cheesy stripper name.

I will say, original names stick out easier. I remember them on repeat trips quicker.
  • gk
    14 years ago
    I don't really care.
    But these names can be a window into a sense of creativity or cultural illumination.
  • EarlTee
    14 years ago
    Maybe this should be a separate thread, but...

Favorite stripper name ever...

"Swallow."
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    I don't think that most girls put much thought into their names and just go with whatever. They don't spend weeks working out a name that will convey some sense of who they are, hide their identity and sound sexy all at the same time....the way we chose our TUSCL handles!
  • troop
    14 years ago
    arlTee says:Posted: 12/21/10
    Favorite stripper name ever...

"Swallow."

-----------------------------

^
    sheesh earl, you just brought back a strange memory. years ago i was a member on a private forum that had a moronic male member that couldn't spell and had terrible grammar.
    his screen name was swallow.
    the running joke was did he spit or swallow.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    I thought about this topic when visiting two clubs in the afternoon. In the first club I know of Mia. During this visit they called Mia to the stage, and a different Mia came to the stage. That is when I recall this topic and a statement above by DougS, "Most clubs have a rule that they can't have two dancers at the same club with the same name." So I thought this is one club with out that rule.

The second club, well back before Thanksgiving I met Sandra (from Peru) at this club and had some wonderful dances from her. She even gave me her number but I never used it. Hadn't seen her since. She is a late shift dancer and I am an afternoon customer. Anyway, today this lovely dancer on stage when I enter is announced as Sandra. I thought, she must have cut her hair and done a lot more or I had to much to drink before and I didn't remember her well. She comes around for her tip walk and I give her a bit more than the norm. She asks if she can join me when she finishes her tip walk. Well of course she could. When she sat down, I still couldn't remember her that well. She also had the Latin accent, so I asked if she was from Peru. No, Colombia. I mention the Peruvian Sandra. She said she knew her, but her hair was longer and she was a night shift dancer. The mystery was solved,and she also said Miss Peru had been in New York for over a month.

Long story just to mention two clubs in one day with duplicate dancer names.
  • magicrat
    14 years ago
    Clubber..a similiar story. I was at my favorite club a couple months ago and got some nice dances from a gal that went by Melody. Got a # and talk of otc fun. I'm there about a month later and I hear the DJ call Melody to the stage. It had been a pretty lame night to that point so I'm thinking things are about to pick up. Well, totally different Melody so I guess the first one had moved on. This club also has a Melanie that I got to know so it can get confusing although the DJ did make it a point to make sure her pronounced the names correctly.
  • goldmongerATL
    14 years ago
    Some random thoughts:

Maybe more strippers are using their real names because in the 80's parents were giving their girls stripper names :-)

Why don't you ever meet a stripper named B.J.?

I did meet a girl named Easy and another named Cash.

I remember a girl named Hamilton because that's what a table dance cost.

Why do a lot of girls immediately tell you their real name (like in the first 60 seconds of conversation)?
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    Yesterday when I saw the other Mia, there was also a dancer there with a name I like for females, Sam. Could be from a Sam I knew in HS.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    GoldmongerATL: I actually did know a dancer named B.J.. She was a sister to Ella known as hellaella on TUSCL but she has not been seen since 2004.

Clubber: I also knew a Mia but she got caught up in the musical chairs syndrome and was always having to change stage names. It got to the point that every time I talked to her, I had to ask what name she was using today.

At my favorite club it is the manager, not DJ, that is responsible for keeping the dancer names straight. But they fuck up once in awhile. Which causes confusion for the DJ and customers.

Recently I heard a DJ announce the name of a previous favorite dancer. "Oh boy" I thought. Wrong. It was a different dancer.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    I've known a few dancers that bounced around from club to club. Sometimes they get to keep their stripper name, someonetimes its already taken. When I've seen them at a new club, I've learned to ask "what do I call you here?"

Met a dancer the other night who introduced herself as "Penny," and asked my name. I told her she could just call me "Uncle Gadget."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion