tuscl

Officer, pedestrian hurt during strip club brawl at Cheaters Gentleman's Club

Cocoa, Florida -- A Cocoa Beach police officer who was investigating a brawl at a strip club was seriously injured after being struck by a pickup truck early this morning.

Our partners at Florida Today report the incident happened at about 2 a.m. at Cheaters Gentlemen's Club at 5450 N. Atlantic Ave. The unidentified officer was airlifted to Holmes Regional Medical Center's trauma center in Melbourne. The officer and a pedestrian who was also hit by the truck were both listed in stable condition today.

See Also: Strip club raided after "sex spills into parking lot"

Two brothers, 29-year-old David Diemer and Douglas Diemer, 31, of Cocoa, were charged with aggravated battery of a law enforcement officer, fleeing and eluding, leaving the scene of an accident with bodily injury and DUI.

Police were called to the club at closing time to investigate reports of a fight in the parking lot. Officials also determined that at least one vehicle in the parking lot had been struck by a black pickup truck in a hit-and-run crash.

A short time later a black Ford pickup truck - believed to be the same black pickup - returned to the parking lot.

Police said the driver, identified as David Diemer, deliberately hit three vehicles in the parking lot as well as running into the police officer and the pedestrian before fleeing.

Police pursued the truck and stopped it in the 8000 block of Ridgewood Avenue in Cape Canaveral with assistance from Brevard County Sheriff's deputies. Police took Diemer into custody along with his brother Douglas and took them to the Cocoa Beach police station for booking.

The two men were to be transported to the Brevard County Detention Center later this morning, officials said.

Cocoa Beach police refused to release any other information about the incident.

Anyone with information about the crash is asked to call police at 321-868-3251.
http://www.wtsp.com/news/watercooler/sto…

3 comments

• bumrubber
    14 years ago
    A fight at a strip club? Imagine that...
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    Had the dumbasses simply cooperated and stopped, they would've been issued a misdemeanor citation, later dismissed, but no, they had to run down a cop. In about thirty years, it'll dawn on them, "Damn, I was a dumbass."
  • dudeanonymous
    14 years ago
    I've been to this club, and the parking lot is tiny, so much so that I was glad to be walking from a nearby hotel and not driving. I remember thinking that cars must get sideswiped or dinged regularly, not that that excuses this idiocy.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion