tuscl

Road prostitutes in Spain don traffic jackets

MADRID -- A Spanish mayor says roadside prostitutes working outside his northeastern town have begun wearing reflective vests to avoid police fines.

Jose Maria Bea said some 10 prostitutes at a highway roundabout near Els Alamus began donning the phosphorescent green garments this month after police started fining them euro40 ($56). That's the amount anyone in Spain can be fined for standing or walking along a highway, such as during a vehicle breakdown, for not wearing the high-visibility vest.

Bea said it was dangerous for both the women and motorists if the prostitutes couldn't be seen clearly.

Sex is a huge industry in Spain. Pimping is illegal but prostitution is not, although some cities restrict or ban it in public areas.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con…

8 comments

• Dudester
    14 years ago
    Actually a good costume idea for a stripper. Onstage lights dim, and she appears in the stage fog, wearing a tiny traffic vest, neon thong, and carrying a flashlight with a lit cone attached. For the second song, she ditches the vest....you get it....
  • troop
    14 years ago
    ^
    LOL good one dude!
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    They should wear lights that are activated and powered by the pressure from their footsteps. Then they could look like flashing neon signs walking beside the highway and very easy to spot. I have seen lights in shoes and other places but I don't know how they were powered. I did read someone developed a method to power devices via pressure. I wouldn't be surprised if no one has developed this product yet. I wonder if the pressure power devices could provide enough juice to light up lights all up and down a person. A string of led lights could be highly visible and not require much power.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    haha sharkhunter, I knew a stripper that had shoes that would light up and get activated when she walked around in them.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    Shoes with flashing lights?? It makes me think of my niece's three year old and her cute bunny sneakers with flashing pink lights!!
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    Farmer...I was thinking of the same thing...kid's shoes that light up when the take a step. My children will never have these!

It just goes to show you that even if you legalize prostitution, you still get government meddling in it. LOL
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I've seen the lighted shoes. I have to ask the question. Why would a stripper want to draw attention to her feet? Her best quality?
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    'cat: Didn't you know, that way they can be light on their feet when onstage...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion