tuscl

Bogarts Lounge & Henrys MI

Monday, September 27, 2010 8:45 AM
I think i'm gonna head up too this area for a vac after i get back from St Louis MO , checking too see if anyone has anybody they reccomend trying out for extras just trying to avoid ROB's ,Tips for the area , and any tips for the two clubs and if their are any cheap motels around Bogarts were ride will be safe thanks

14 comments

• CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Read my article on Detroit. While there are all kinds of seedy motels along Michigan Ave., just down the road from Bogart's, Flight Club, and Henry's North, I believe they're around $38 a night after tax. On this visit to the area, I landed the Marriott at the airport (7 minutes south of Bogart's, etc.) through [view link]'s "Name Your Own Price" search option. Selected a 3.5 star hotel and was successful for $44 a night plus taxes and fees. There's a $25 off certificate on [view link] available for $2 up front (payable by credit card) for the Ha Penny Pub, which is located inside the Marriott.
  • Rod8432
    14 years ago
    Just to back up with CTQWERTY said, the airport hotels are a great deal - clean, big brand names, 7 minutes to the clubs, and fantastic deals on Priceline. I paid in the ~$50 - $60 range for a suite at Embassy Suites, which included complimentary happy hour the night I arrived and a killer breakfast with made-to-order omelets the next morning. Can't beat that quality/value anywhere.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    stan, PM me and we can talk about the clubs. The motels CT and Rod talks about are good. The airport strip has numerous choices. I'd avoid the fleabag motels on Michigan Ave.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I would prefer to stay in Southgate instead of Inkster or Detroit. It is a nicer area. If you stay at the Motel 6 in Southgate it is $45/night and you are within 5 minutes from Henry VIII South and Subi's. Also right next to a 24/7 Mcd's... It is about about 20 minutes from Bogarts. You can also book other Motel 6s in the area for $35/night but I wanted to be close to the clubs and I knew Southgate was a nice area. Better to visit the clubs during the day time to avoid cover or get the cheaper cover price. Also be ready for $7.50 as the average price for drinks in Detroit area. Also remember Henry VIII and Henry VIII South are NOT the same places. One is in southgate and the other is in Inkster. I have been to the southgate location and liked it, but I have read the one in Inkster is more of a biker bar but I don't know.
  • Otto22
    14 years ago
    This is all good counsel. If you are flying into DTW by all means stay near the airport. Hotels are intensely competitive whether using Priceline or not. Avoid the fleabag places as you can get better value at the major chains. (I would consider Motel 6 a fleabag) Both Bogart's and H8 will give you a free return pass that is valid at either club. I demanded a return pass at H8south the other day and they had to go search the back office to find one for me so I'm guessing they are not accustomed to return passes.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    Sleep in your car; save your money for the clubs. There is no such thing as an ROB at H8S.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    It might be dangerous to sleep in your car if you end up in the wrong part of Detroit. Otto22, when I was at Bogarts, I asked for a H8S pass. The door guy said he ran out that day but he said he could give me a H8N pass and I could try to use it at H8S but he was not sure if they would accept it or not.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Whoa, whoa, WHOA!!! Art, Sam's ROB was working at H8S Saturday night. It was the first time I'd seen her since Sam had his run-in with her. I didn't mention Sam's experience, but did bring up what I'd seen her do at Bogart's. I didn't get ripped off then, but my experience with her was noteworthy because of the attitude I witnessed (fyi: she took what I paid her and slammed it on the bouncer's desk and said "Here's your fucking money!!!") Well, at H8S, she said it was because Bogart's takes soooo much from the gals while H8S doesn't. I imagine house fees (and fines!) are a touchy subject with the gals -- she may have felt justified trying to hose Sam because she felt Bogart's was hosing her. Why all the whoas? Because there's ANOTHER dancer working H8S (she was there last spring and still there now), who, um, well, I don't get WHY she works there. Seriously. She's about the most perplexing dancer I've ever come across. ROB doesn't fit. But what most guys go there for, and why she still works there, it just doesn't make any sense. Unless one is pretty heavily intoxicated and just not paying attention. I'm guessing Art hasn't run into her. Fyi: Bogart's door guy gave me a Henry's North pass eventhough I asked for a H8S. H8S still took it.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    It's too cold to sleep in the car up here. Summer is gone. No offense, Otto22, but Motel 6 is not a fleabag place, the ones on Michigan Avenue are fleabags. I don't doubt the ones on the Airport strip are very competitive. Take your pick stan.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    CT, She was a ROB by Detroit standards but she would be considered a good value for Columbus market.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Vince, if I understand correctly, you didn't take Sam to Players? I thought that's a place you have a high opinion of, etc. Maybe taking Sam there next time will get him a better experience??? Sam, LOL!!!
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    CTQ et al: I stand corrected. By my standards I have encountered no lady even remotely approaching ROB status at H8S. You guys living in the SC heaven of Detroit just have much higher standards than so many of the rest of us poor tusclers.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    CT, I believe I did offer to drive samsung1 to Players. We drove by a lot of the clubs, we could have gone to a lot more. samsung1 and I went to the clubs he wanted to see first. Perhaps on his next trip up, we'll hit Players. I need to go back to Players. It is my favorite club for many reasons, I just got back from down South a few days ago, and I haven't been clubbing yet. That will change!!
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Vince, from the sounds of it, you can hook Art up with Players also. I think I'm going to remove Henry's North from my usual places to bounce to. The last few times there's been no inspiration there for me to spend money on -- just a place to drink and watch sports on the TVs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion