tuscl

H.S. Football Coach Arrested For Soliciting Prostitution..

Sunday, September 12, 2010 2:53 AM
3 versions of a semi-local news story #1 Falcons head football coach arrested for soliciting sex NORWALK — The Firelands Falcons football team had to play without their head coach last night because he was arrested for soliciting prostitution Thursday at a Norwalk motel. Todd Pooch, 36, of Huron, the head football coach at Firelands for three years, was arrested following an undercover sting carried out by the Huron County Sheriff's Office. Pooch is also a satellite teacher for Lorain County Joint Vocational School, but he teaches on the Firelands High School campus. He previously coached at Western Reserve and Margaretta schools. Lorain County JVS Superintendent John Nolan said Pooch has been placed on administrative leave until further investigation of the “unfortunate situation.” Firelands Superintendent Greg Ring said he had no comment and was simply waiting on the investigation. The Falcons assistant coach and defensive coordinator will be stepping in during Pooch's absence. Pooch was arrested in a sting that came about following the arrest of another man last week. Huron County Sheriff's Capt. Ted Patrick said the sheriff's office received a tip that 53-year-old Douglas Lucas was running a brothel out of his Ninevah Road home in Greenwich. A search warrant executed at the home, revealed there were some twisted acts going on at the residence, Patrick said. There were a number of bondage props including dog chains, collars, masks and whips taken from the home. Customers seeking bondage and sadomasochism services were often located by Lucas through a website that catered to bondage and sadomasochism, said Patrick. Lucas was arrested Sept. 1 for promoting prostitution. He is scheduled to appear in Norwalk Municipal Court Sept. 23 for a preliminary hearing. Deputies believe he may have been running the brothel for about two to three months. The sole worker at Lucas' brothel, a 46-year-old woman originally from Alaska, has yet to be charged. Deputies said they are not releasing the name of the website or the woman. Following Lucas' arrest, deputies used an informant who began taking solicitations for a number of bondage sex acts from the website. Deputies said the website used during the operation is one of a number of similar websites out there. Pooch, and another man, 52-year-old John Kemper, of Brunswick, made appointments for sex via the website and showed up at a motel room deputies had rented for the sting, Patrick said. Deputies had surveillance set up in the motel room, along with various bondage props. Both men requested a number of bondage services in exchange for money. One man wanted to be tied up and beaten, and another wanted sex acts performed while he sat in a dog cage. Patrick would not elaborate on which requests came from Pooch. He also would not say how much money was exchanged, but only said it was a “substantial amount.” Once the money was exchanged and the activity began, deputies burst in the room and the men were arrested. Pooch and Kemper both posted a $3,000 bond to be released from the Huron County Jail. Patrick said this is one of the most unusual cases the department has seen. “It shocks the conscience and is very unusual,” he said. “It's definitely a different subculture.” Pooch and Kemper have initial hearings Monday at 10 a.m. in Norwalk Municipal Court. #2 Firelands coach caught in sex sting OBERLIN - Firelands High School head football coach Todd Allen Pooch has been placed on administrative leave after he was charged Thursday with soliciting a prostitute. Pooch, 36, was one of two men arrested in an undercover prostitution operation that netted a third man earlier this month. He will be placed on paid leave until further notice, according to schools Superintendent Greg Ring. Ring said he was stunned by the allegations, adding that Pooch was otherwise a good school employee. “We never had any concerns,” he said. “I think it's fair to say that this was a shock.” Pooch and another man, John Kemper, 52, of Brunswick, were among dozens who responded to requests from an undercover agent working through a website run by Douglas Lucas, of Greenwich, who was allegedly running a prostitution ring out of his home, according to The Sandusky Register. Lucas, 53, was arrested earlier this month and has admitted to his involvement in a Web-based prostitution service that catered to people interested in bondage and other fetishes. A 47-year-old woman was allegedly working as a prostitute in his home and charges may be pending against her. Huron County sheriff's deputies seized items including neckties, ropes and dog accessories, including a cage and bowl, from the home. Lucas was charged with solicitation and released from jail after posting bond. Lucas' arrest spurred an investigation into the alleged prostitution ring that led to Pooch and Kemper being apprehended at a Norwalk hotel where they were allegedly trying to engage in sex with an undercover agent posing as a prostitute. Huron County sheriff's Capt. Ted Patrick said both men requested sexual acts, made separate appointments to meet with the agent and exchanged money with her. As they began to act out scenarios, Huron County sheriff's deputies entered the room to arrest them, according to the Register. Both later confessed to their role in soliciting the woman. Pooch, a Huron resident, has been coaching and teaching through the district at Lorain County JVS for the last three years, Ring said. Defensive Coordinator Mike Passerello will take over as interim head coach. Neither Pooch nor Kemper has a criminal history, according to officials. They were both released Friday from Huron County Jail on $3,000 bond. #3 Friday, September 10, 2010 LOCAL COACH BUSTED IN SEX STING Firelands High School head football Coach Todd Pooch has been suspended by the Firelands School Superintendent after being charged for soliciting prostitution online. Pooch, 36 of Huron, and 52 year old John Kemper of Brunswick, were charged in separate incidents in a Norwalk motel with a 3rd degree misdemeanor of soliciting. The arrests were made following a 2 week investigation into a “brothel” that was being run out of Norwalk hotel and a 53 year old Norwalk man, Doug Lucas, who ran a website that catered to bondage and other fetishes. Lucas was charged with Promoting Prostitution, a 4th Degree Felony. Sheriff's Deputies rented two rooms at the hotel, setting up surveillance equipment in one room. Pooch and Kemper had both requested bondage and sadomasochistic activities separately through the website. Authorities had the room prepared based on their requests. Authorities would wait until the men paid for the “prospected sexual encounter” and then entered the room and arrested them. When Deputies entered the room they found straps tied to bed posts, dog cage, dog bowl and a dog collar. It was also reported that Pooch was barking before cops entered the room. Pooch, along with being the head coach at Firelands, is a teacher at the Lorain County Joint Vocational School in Oberlin. Pooch confessed to soliciting the woman for sex through the website. Pooch and Kemper, who were among dozens of men who responded to the website ad, will appear in court on Monday. Sadomasochism is defined as the combination of sadism and masochism, in particular the deriving of pleasure, especially sexual gratification, from inflicting or submitting to physical or emotional abuse.

8 comments

• sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    What goes on between consenting men and women should not be illegal in my opinion. I guess the sheriff can feel better knowing he or she ruined the career of someone just trying to have a little bit of fun.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    Usually, I'd be in agreement with sharkhunter's thought process, but this coachwanted something relly twisted, and he did work with children. I hope that his case is pled down to a petty misdemeanor (a fine), but at the same time-I want him far removed from working with children.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I did not know that these types of dominatrix/BDSM sadomasochism were considered illegal prostitution. Also fyi, you can look up any teacher's salary in Ohio using this site: [view link]
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    I thought he was a college teacher. Guess I didn't see where he coached younger kids.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Dudester: I don't see what's so twisted about a little BDSM among consenting adults. It's not like they pretending to rape little boys or anything. Though I *do* find it more than slightly amusing that a guy named "Pooch" wants to be treated lime a dog. :)
  • troop
    14 years ago
    samsung1 says: 09/12/10 I did not know that these types of dominatrix/BDSM sadomasochism were considered illegal prostitution. ----------------------------------------------- ^ agree, it's news to me. maybe this guy is a bizarre freak in his private desires/life but i don't see where willingly being dominated is illegal.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I have been to Christie's in Brunswick before. I was not impressed. They now have free admission passes online but I still do not want to waste my time going there. If I am in that area again, I'll go straight to Amber's, Center Fold, or maybe check out Christie's in Clevealand.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    ^ huh? wrong thread?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion