tuscl

Calling to see if a dancer is working

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 10:20 PM
In my 30+ years of clubbing, I would say that I have easily met over 1,000 dancers, many of who I have had great times with. However, I go to clubs to experience the club, if my fav is not there, there is usually always someone I can find for my entertainment. I have never called a club to see if a dancer was working the day I planned on visiting. For some reason I think it is kind of creepy to plan my visit just to see a particular dancer. Do you guys call looking for a dancer?

18 comments

• imnumnutz
    14 years ago
    the clubs in d.c. are small, no more than a dozen girls on a shift. they were also fairly regimented. shifts began at certain times, all girls were supposed to be on time, etc. i had favs, so i would call ahead to 2 clubs to check. one had the schedule on a recorded message. the other, the bartender would check. this, of course, was years ago. Today, I wouldn't bother calling ahead to clubs if the girls come and go as they please, or where more than a dozen are working at once.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    yeah i've called looking for a certain dancer. often in the past, at some clubs there was only one dancer that i liked so if i drive there, pay a cover charge, and pay for a beer/drink and then find out that the dancer i want to see isn't there i've wasted my time and money. i don't see anything creepy about that. now if i don't have a favorite dancer, like recently, i won't call. i'll go to a club to see what's new and maybe just play the field.
  • Philip A. Stein
    14 years ago
    Cut the middle man out, get her number and txt her. I read on here that clubs sometimes will lie just to get you in there.
  • Player11
    14 years ago
    I text her as many clubs refuse to give out this info. You could be a psyco murdering, stalker for all they know. Plus I don't like someone besides the dancer knowing I am asking about her. If the gal won't even give me a working phone number then she is a non-entity as far as I am concerned. Many times if they want you as a reg they call you and this provides opportunity to probe them for extras or otc.
  • rb93720
    14 years ago
    I call the club or txt if I have their number - I hate wasting my time on what may end up being a lame night. I'd rather save my $ and go doing something else rather than chance it.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I have called strip clubs twice to ask if a certain dancer was working. The first time was at Dreamgirls, which is notorious for charging $10 cover charge even at 11am on a Monday with no dancers there yet or 10 minutes before closing. Anyways, the door guy who answered lied and said she was working. When I got there and paid the $10 cover, I asked a floor manager for her. He went back in the locker room and checked. He then came out and told me she was not on the schedule and unless she was a feature she would be on the schedule. Also while I was sitting down having a drink, I asked a couple dancers who came by asking for a dance if they had seen her. They confirmed what the floor manager told me that she no longer works there. I left without complaining and headed to kahoot's and sure enough there she was working. Another time I called Vanity and asked if a dancer worked there. She gave me some prissy attitude and told me she was not allowed to tell me. I ended up going there myself at a later date and asked a couple dancers and they both told me they never heard of her before. I do have a few dancer's phone numbers and they are pretty good about getting back to me to let me know when they work. If a dancer only shows interest in letting me know when she works and not when she is available for OTC, I get ROB suspicion.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I have never called ahead. At my favorite club I can always find someone to my liking. I do phone one dancer. gridget. I don't drive the 240 miles to the club without setting up a lunch date with her first. I usually set this up a week in advance but we talk every week on the phone.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    No I don't call the club, most local clubs have a website schedule or dancer will let me know. If I make a random trip to the club, I'm not counting on anything.
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    If I like a dancer enough to want repeat visits, I'll get her phone number. Problem solved.
  • Alucard
    14 years ago
    I used to try when I didn't have an ATF, but the info received was typically unreliable.
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    There is one club I know where if you ask, they will tell. I usually do in the hopes at least one of two specific dancers will be there. It's just far enough away that I don't want to waste time going there, only to find out they're both gone. As for other clubs, all they do is lie to get you in.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    I've never called to find out if a dancer is there so I can visit, rather to NOT visit the club. Also, I've had my favorite bartender call me to let me know certain dancers are working.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    I've called clubs. I've been fortunate in that I've always gotten truthful answers about dancers' presence. At least the times I went in response to that answer. Like others though, I prefer to get the girls' phone numbers and contact them directly. If I'm calling about a specific dancer, it's usually because I missed getting it the last time, and intend to this time. :)
  • gk
    14 years ago
    I have, but it's not something I tyically do as a norm. Texting does make things simpler. Agree, depending on the club you can't always trust what they say about who is working. And some small clubs or clubs with small minded owners just don't want to give that information out. Best approach is to learn what a dancer's schedule is if there is someone you definitely want to see when going out.
  • roccoballs
    14 years ago
    Its an hour drive to my favorite club, so I have called a couple times when I have had a little infatuation with a dancer. The first time, the dancer hadn't been there in 2 weeks, they thought she retired. The 2nd time, about a month ago, got the days a girl was dancing, showed up on that day, but she didn't! So... That didn't work out too well for me.
  • dustyshoes
    14 years ago
    I call to ask who's there, I also don't like anyone knowing who I'm looking for. Sometimes I am looking to avoid someone who is too persistent and a ROB that I don't want to deal with. Also, if there are only 2 or 3 girls, they don't start dancing till there are 3 customers, but they still charge the cover.
  • LeeH
    14 years ago
    There are six clubs around here that I like to go to. Of them, four are honest if I call and ask if a particular dancer is on. If someone I like is at Club A and no one I like is at Club B, which one do you think I'm more likely to go to? The one where I'm almost guaranteed to have a good time or the one where it's a crap-shoot? I *do* have a few dancers' phone numbers, and I use them sometimes. But sometimes I decide to go clubbing after the shift starts. And it could be 2 hours or more before the dancer would see my "you working tonight?" message if she is working. The thing that I don't get is the clubs that BS me. They're both places where (if they hadn't lied before) I'd probably go regardless of who was there and drop some serious buckage. But they'd rather have my cover and a Coke and then have me walk out and drop the bucks at another club.
  • LeeH
    14 years ago
    And just to walk the walk, I just called one of the honest clubs, and C is there. See you guys later.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion