tuscl

Tracking Cookies ???

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 4:30 AM
I usually only visit 7 or 8 sites, this one being the primary one. This site and one other, I get tracking cookies. During my visit, and just after, I have to run my Norton. However, earlier today,I logged on here and when everything ground to a halt, I ran Norton. 15 tracking cookies came up, then the computer stopped working. I had to DL 69 Mg's from Norton to get the puter up again. Anyone else get tracking cookie problems here? And why here ?

12 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    I use browsers called Chrome or Firefox. They give me less problems with spyware/bugs than internet explorer did.
  • arbeeguy
    14 years ago
    "I had to DL 69 Mg's from Norton to get the puter up again." Explain what that means. I do understand puter means "computer". But what does DL mean? What does Mg's mean? I am just a PL, not an IT. I would like to learn more about this problem. Like samsung1 I use Firefox. Does that exempt me from this problem? And if so, why?
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    I use exactly the stuff SS uses. I try to avoid Mister Softy as much as possible. All my serious money stuff is done on Apple. I have much more confidence in all things apple.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    Dudester: another suggestion. I gave up on Norton a long time ago - slows down machine too much for my liking. You might try AVG - free download.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    In Safari, FireFox and IE, and I presume Chrome, though I've never used it, you can turn *all* cookies off by default, and then specify exceptions for those domains you trust. Safari is the only one I *know* of that has cookies turned off by default; the others require you to specifically turn then off.
  • txtittyfan
    14 years ago
    I do not use Norton. But if Norton gives you the cookie address you can go to Internet Options, Settings and restrict/block those cookies. My IT guru recommends PC Cillin, which I use.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    arbeeguy, DL = download Mgs= megabytes,
  • troop
    14 years ago
    dude, i use ccleaner to clear my pc every day or 2. it's safe, i've been using it for years with zero problems. [view link]
  • homeslice
    14 years ago
    Hey, download google chrome for free. on the tools menu (the wrench to the right at the top) there is a choice to work in "incognito mode." By definition: Pages you view in this window won't appear in your browser history or search history, and they won't leave other traces, like cookies, on your computer after you close the incognito window. Any files you download or bookmarks you create will be preserved, however.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    You know why hasn't someone invented a cookie tracking disposal program and call it Cookie Monster
  • troop
    14 years ago
    ^ that name is most likely copyrighted.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    by Sesame Street?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion