tuscl

New record for a champagne room stay?

"We decided to go to the VIP room and things got really interesting. It's a pricey stay in the champagne room but I knew that going in. I stayed in there from about midnight until the sun came up."

Of all places, the club is the Vegas Rick's. It may be time to buy RICK stock before they report their July sales...

11 comments

• rickdugan
    14 years ago
    I hope he got his money's worth - lol. Though I read the review and was not quite sure how he stayed in the champagne room from midnight 'till sunup and kept the tab at $1k all-in.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    Knowing Vegas prices, I suspect he was back there alone...sleeping.
  • harrydave
    14 years ago
    This is not atypical for Vegas. I have read reviews for OG that basically sound like the guy is using his hotel room just to shower and shave. Based on personal experience, I would say the best times to go to Vegas clubs is on the off hours, unless you have to see the hottest girls.

However, this begs the question: what is the longest you have ever stayed in a club without leaving for a break? For me, it is something like 8 hours (a dive bar in Phoenix where I was a regular glued to the bar stool, and a provider of psych counseling to the girls).
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    Yes, but did he get a "free" limo ride back to his hotel afterward?

RICK is reporting on Aug 12, but MGM on Aug 3 should give a good feel for how Vegas did this quarter.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    LVS and WYNN have already reported great earnings but both have mentioned asia/macau growth as the main factor.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Flirt4free is a webcam site where you can take a webcam girl private and have a VIP session with her. They recently had a 24 hour webcam show. At $4/minute it was not cheap.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    When I was at the Vegas Rick's (January), I didn't get the sense at all any gal (or the club) would tolerate a rate of $200/hr. for the VIP. So, could the gal have told him one thing but his credit card statement comes through with something else, courtesy of the club management? His next statement could have an unexpected surprise!
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    A local club has a $1,000 option for keeping a girl to yourself all night. Given the club, I wouldn't pay it, as I've seen no evidence that I'd even be allowed to touch at this club.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    CTWERTY, I think this guy will forever hold the record for one night at a strip club-

EXEC SUED OVER $241,000 STRIP CLUB TAB

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/102…

OCTOBER 21--A Missouri businessman who claims that a $241,000 bill for a night of lap dance luxuriating at Manhattan's leading strip club is a fraud is being sued by American Express for refusing to pay the debt. According to a lawsuit filed Wednesday in New York State Supreme Court (a copy of which you'll find below), Amex contends that Robert McCormick, 40, and three guests ran up the tab during a visit to the Scores nightclub in October 2003. McCormick, the chairman and chief executive of Savvis Communications, a publicly held technology firm, has refused to pay the strip club tab, which was placed on his corporate credit card. McCormick and his firm have claimed that only about $20,000 of the charges are legitimate. In its lawsuit, Amex alleges that McCormick, who is pictured at right, signed credit card slips authorizing the six-figure bill, though the complaint does not detail how the quartet actually ran up the monumental tab. Remarkably, the day after McCormick's Score's bacchanal, a Bangladeshi man and his trio of buddies rung up this six-figure whopper at the Gotham gentlemen's joint.
  • DoctorDarby
    14 years ago
    Even at the lower amount he claims was legit, this is a level of decadence (and reckless stupidity) we can all aspire to. With a genius (and undoubtably an accounting whiz) like this at the helm, I wonder if his electronic firm survived the 7 years since this happened?
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    samsung1: "LVS and WYNN have already reported great earnings but both have mentioned asia/macau growth as the main factor. "

MGM was pretty erratic today after earnings, but they did not seem great.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion