tuscl

How much do you tip bird dogs?

Sunday, August 1, 2010 3:45 AM
When you go into a private dance area, VIP room or other, there is ususlly an entry fee and someone there to collect. I usually tip that person $5 to $10 depending on how much potential I think there will be with extra privacy. Some clubs there is no point in tipping this person as they will be patrolling the area even if you give them a pic of Ben Franklin. Other places I think it helps the bird dog do other things while I am in the private area. How many of you tip the bird dog and how much?

14 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    What club are you talking about? I usually don't tip the bird dogs at all. If I am at a place that has bird dogs watching the dances, I usually don't return to frequent those places.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I have only tipped a bird dog once. I came out of the club to find I had a flat tire. I wanted to call AAA but my cell phone was dead. The bouncer on door duty called them for me and then came back into the club to get me when AAA arrived. I gave him a $5. I will tip male bar tenders but no other male employees.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    "Bird dog"? What's that? :) I pity you poor souls that have to deal with such...
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Bird dogs are like vultures. Just ignore them and carry on.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    George, It's in the glossary. Thanks shadowcat. lol...
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    For some reason I tipped the 'bird dog' at Bogart's once. Don't know why as I usually never tip any of 'them', and Bogart's has just about everything going on anyways. But I guess I was overwhelmed by the 11-song executive tour I had just received on $10 dance day so I decided to spread some extra dough. Got an "Hey, thanks buddy!" in recognition of the tip.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    VM strange you should mention vultures. Saw an old black & white WWII movie last night in which the German officer, later on trial for war crimes, ultimately orders the troops to shoot the civilians they're trying to round up. One of the surviving civilians tells the officer "I hope you hang from the gallows and the vultures peck out your eyes!" At the time I was thinking 'that's a charming visual'.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    'cat: Ah. Having so little experience with that phenomenon, I was confused. :) p.s. Yes, I know what it is, I'm just having a bit of Sunday-morning-full-of-residual-ATF-sex-goodness gloating at y'all's expense. My apologies. :)
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    I'm w/ gmd No bird dogs where I hunt!
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    In certain clubs it is traditional to grease the bird dog. A $20 can go a long way in ensuring privacy and/or extra time to finish business. In a couple of the sleazier clubs in CT the bird dog tip can mean the difference between a full cup finish and an "almost came."
  • harrydave
    14 years ago
    Gotta agree with RD. I think it is a NY area old school thing. I can think of one club in Stamford, and one in Bridgeport, CT where tipping will work wonders. The club in Stamford has a "private" dance room with all the charms of a broom closet. But with the right Dominican lady, and appropriate tip to the thug at the entrance, you will not be focusing on the shitty chairs.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    lmao harry - I know we are thinking about the same Stamford club and the other of my two examples is indeed in Bridgeport.
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    The payment for single and 2-4-1 dances goes directly to the dancer and she pays the club. But payment for champagne rooms goes to the club and they pay the dancer her share. I always tip 5 or 10 bucks on that, and I've found it tends to buy me extra time. Like 45 minutes instead of 30.
  • uscue13
    14 years ago
    None of the clubs here have a person collecting before going to VIP
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion