tuscl

Question re: Brad's Brass Flamingo VIP ($100/30mins)

For all of you fellow TUSCLers who've visited the VIP at Brad's Brass Flamingo (BBF) in Indianapolis, I'm curious what your experience has been. This is the large room adjacent to the couch dance area, and goes for $100/30mins, and you need to buy a "chip" to get in (reminds me of that ZZ Top line from "La Grange," "Well, I hear it's fine, if you've got the time, and the ten (which I think is slang for $100) to get yourself in."

Anyway, I've done it twice and both times it came up lacking. The dances were no more erotic than in the couch area; the room is open, so you're not really private with your dancer; it's very dark so it's hard to see much of anything and what illumination there is comes from a flourescent clock which makes skin look pasty and dead; the house mom barges in whenever she feels like it to pick up the chip (this is very disruptive and can happen multiple times in the half-hour as new people come in. Why they can't collect it ahead of time, seems strange); and it's kind of cold back there.

The funny thing is, I find the couch dances at $12/each (including the house fee) to be more erotic and a much better deal. Others have the same experience, or have I just not gone back with the right woman yet?

9 comments

• vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    I've haven't been back in that area, I've been to Brad's about 5 times in the last 2 months, and I always have a fine time in either the $12 couch dance area or the semi-private $20 a dance area YMMV
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I have just read in a recent review that he got VIP for $50/30 min. I have also read in an older review that a dancer wanted $200/30 min. I think it is a YMMV and dancers can set their own prices but $100/30min must be the average.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Rod, believe it or not, it used to be $50 for a half hour. Then the club ran into legal fees due to this event:

http://advanceindiana.blogspot.com/2007/…

"Thursday, May 10, 2007
    Record's BAC Level Results In Stiffer Charge

Because blood alcohol level tests showed that Terry J. Record's content level was more than .15, he is being charged with reckless homicide, a Class B felony, in addition to a charge for operating a vehicle while intoxicated, causing death. Record, an attorney for the Indiana Department of Health, struck a vehicle driven by Jimmy Cash last Sunday night, killing Cash, after Record drove his BMW through a red light. If Record is convicted, he could face a sentence between 6 and 20 years. The Star's Jon Murray reports:

New blood test results for Terry J. Record, 26, show that his blood-alcohol content Sunday night was between .15 and .17, about twice the level at which an Indiana driver is considered drunk, police said today.

Record has been charged with two counts of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, causing death, and one count of reckless homicide, said Matthew Symons, the prosecutor's spokesman. One of the drunken driving charges is a Class B felony, a more serious charge allowed when blood-alcohol content tests at more than .15.

WRTV reports that witnesses tell police Record spent more than 4 hours at the strip club during which he consumed 14 beers and six shots. Does the word "overserving" come to mind? WRTV also reports Record was fired from his state job on Wednesday."

My understanding is the widowed wife has sued Brad's Brass for "over serving" Record. To raise money for legal fees, VIP was raised from $50 to $100, and the $10 couch dance area was raised to $20.

That said, no, VIP isn't really that different from the $10 couch dance area. I will say two gals I wanted dances from, well, I found out they were romantically involved with each other. So, I took them both to VIP at the same time. Was my best experience at Brad's Brass VIP EVER!!!!
  • mjx01
    14 years ago
    $100 = Ben / Benjamin, as in Benjamin Franklin is on the $100
  • hooby
    14 years ago
    My one visit to Brad's, left me with kind of the same impression. Being my first time there, I was not really sure what sort of boundaries were the norm. On top of that, the girl I went back to the VIP with was her first time working there. Granted it was great, but yeah, there really wasn't that much difference.
    I also wonder about the mileage in the little private booth thing. Not REALLY private because there's a curtain between you and another booth, but at least there's a door between you and the rest of the club. Seemed like potential X-tra-ville, but not so much. I think Brad's is great and would go back any time I'm in the Indy area, but the mileage expectation there is still a bit of a mystery to me.
  • Rod8432
    14 years ago
    CQWERTY: Yes, I heard it used to be $50 and it was raised to help cover legal expenses. Even at $100, it's still a relative bargain compared to other SCs, but due to the reasons I mentioned, I'm no longer inclined to go in there. I also forgot to mention, the house mom comes in twice - once to take the chip and the a 2nd time to give the girl her cut of the money. Not only is it disruptive, but seems like a lot of wasted activity.

mjx01: Does ZZ Top say "Ben," and not "Ten?" I looked up the lyrics online, and they show the word "Ten," which I did hear was slang for $100 (kind of like a dime bag for drugs equaled $10, I think).
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Rod, worse than housemom, I think one of the waitresses is assigned the space and enters every 10 minutes eventhough she knows there's probably nothing to do in there. And I think it is 100% to give everyone a reminder to behave. Unless you've booked two girlfriends = sheesh!

The Brad's I've experienced many times has always been without extras. Then again the last few visits I've mostly dug in at the rail for $1 a song. Quite efficient and enjoyable.
  • Rod8432
    14 years ago
    CQWERTY: Yes, now that I think about it, I've never read anything about extras at Brad's. So, the VIP room really amounts to nothing more than just a longer and little more private version of the $10 couch dances. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, so long as one is aware going in.

It's just that when I was at BBF recently, one of the dancers brushed her hand against my crotch and indicated how much fun we could have in the VIP, and while saying this, she's slipping her index finger of one hand in and out of her curved finger/thumb of the other - hand signal usually for intercourse. I'm thinking she's suggesting maybe a partially assisted HJ while she's lap dancing on me. I had something similar in Vegas, and with a little of her saliva added to the mix, it can feel great. It wasn't to be, however. She simply did the usual couch grind, and even a tepid one at that.

I had a similar experience with another dancer there, as well, so lesson learned. I think I'll stick with the $10 couch dances.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    Sounds like you were ROBbed Rod...sorry...it happens...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion