tuscl

Two clubs on The Block fined by Liquor Board

Circus Barn and Red Room hit with thousands worth of sanctions

The city liquor board on Thursday fined two clubs on The Block after a man was found to have exposed himself in one and a dancer fondled the genitals of a patron in the other.

Circus Bar at 427 E. Baltimore St. was fined $3,000 after a liquor board inspector said he observed a man with his penis exposed receiving a lap dance from a dancer June 16. The bar's owner testified that he immediately fired the dancer and told the board there was nothing more he could have done to stop the incident. The inspector stopped short of saying the couple was having sex. It was Circus Bar's third offense in the past year.

The board later fined Red Room at 411 E. Baltimore St. $4,025 after an inspector testified to watching a dancer caress the exposed genitals of a patron March 4. The owner for Red Room was found guilty of a similar charge in December 2009.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/marylan…

July 15, 2010

7 comments

• georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    OMG! Somebody saw a penis! The end is nigh!
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    Why call it a fine there is nothing fine about a fine.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    I'm stunned. Truly mortified.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    Almost every interaction with a Houston stripper starts with her hand in your crotch. Sometimes before she even sits down.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    hmmm, Dudester, that sounds like a few places I know, I'll have to go back to Houston soon.
  • CCRiderm
    14 years ago
    Let's see...add the Circus Bar and the Red Room to places to let Junior come out to play.

Good news! :)
  • scatterbrain
    14 years ago
    I think that same inspector was making the rounds. I was in the Players Club when a few of the dancers started circulating saying that there was an inspector here and that things needed to tame down a bit. As I was leaving, there was indeed a dude who now was being questioned by a few policemen that had been called by the club.

The good news is that the Players Club is a private, member's only club so unless he was a card-carrying member of this BYOB club, then any inspector badge or ID was pretty worthless in getting him inside. I guess that's one of the benefits of going to private club like this (higher entry fee notwithstanding).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion