tuscl

Hey, baby (sweetie, cutie, darling, honey, sugar, doll, pumpkin, cupcake...)

“Hey, baby,” is my universal greeting to hot strippers, waitresses, bartenders, etc.

What's yours?

36 comments

• georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Don't have a universal one. Depends on what kind of mood I think she's in, or what she's doing. A bored looking stripper/etc, gets some variation of "Don't look so enthused; people will think you like your job." Mostly it's just "Hey, how are you doing?"
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    yo bitch c'mhere, lol
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    If I used something that often (i.e. "Hey, baby!"), I'd be worried about it slipping out of my mouth at work, and that would raise a few eyebrows to be sure... So my club lingo/verbage is pretty ordinary dialogue.
  • how
    14 years ago
    I don't typically call women "baby," even if very familiar and intimate. "Sweetie" is alright, I suppose...

It is funny to me, however, how many Southern women use very familiar terms of endearment with strangers. Go to a restaurant in Texas, and expect to be greeted by your waitress as Sweetie, Honey, Sugar, Darlin' or something similar.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I have caught myself using baby but I try to avoid it because I hate when they call me baby.
  • Digitech
    14 years ago
    I never use any 'terms of endearment,' inside the club or in regular life.

To me, it is outdated and bit boorish. My dad does it all the time to practically every woman he meets, but they never complain. In fact, it seems to go over pretty well. So I guess it isn't as bad as I think.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I usually don't use an term of endearment but if I do use it I find myself using "baby"
  • LoneLurker
    14 years ago
    "Hey, sweetheart"
  • SnakePlissken
    14 years ago
    Whore
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Damn, Dougster hacked Snake's account. LOL
  • dudeanonymous
    14 years ago
    No universal greeting. Probably because I don't like it when dancers call me any of the above when introducing themselves. "Hey, baby" sounds ridiculous to me if you don't know the person involved, and trite if you do.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    Hello.

But then, I am old school when we all respected each other.
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    I act ghetto and call them "shawty". It's really funny because I'm very white and dress preppy-punk.
  • sanitago
    14 years ago
    "Hi, how you doing?" is about as close as I get to a 'standard' greeting.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    LOL potheadpl nice one
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    I got in the habit of using "hey sexy!" or "hiya hot stuff!".

I think the dancers hear so much crap all day/night long that they don't really care about greetings very much.
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    hey baby
  • gk
    14 years ago
    If I need to speak a flirtatious type greeting, "hey baby" works, but I limit it to dancers I don't know. If I know them they get a hug, sometimes with a "hey". If I haven't seen them in a while, they get a "hey stranger."

But I think the "hey baby" thing can get to be too patronizing after a while.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    Gator/Snake - 2 questions:

1) Just curious, how is that approach working for you guys?

2) If a gator and a snake (python) had a fight, who would win?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/4313978.stm

"Snake bursts after gobbling gator"
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    I enjoyed all the responses.

Well, as the song says:

Girls say, girls say
    "Hey baby, hey baby, hey"
    Boys say, boys say
    "Hey baby, hey baby, hey"
    All the boys get the girls in the back
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Mine is boring, I know, but I say "Hi" LOL. It lets them get into the typical SS without getting freaked out by saying "WHORE !!!" even though depending on their approach, I can generally tell whether they are or not.
    14 years ago
    Never used to use them but have started to. In part due to all the baby, sweetie, hunny, etc. greetings directed to me. Sort of an inside joke with me the only one in on it.

I use sweetie most frequently, for unknown girls in particular. I reserve sweetheart for one girl that I've known for 5+ years who is one. Another fave, the youngest that I've got, I've christened as baby.

Once in awhile for a girl I know I'll pull out beautiful. For girls I don't know but have been trying to catch up with I sometimes use sexy.

Haven't had any girls object so far.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    I will admit that the “Hey, Baby” thing is rather sophomoric, but I do tend to regress 20 years (ok, 30) when I enter a strip club, lol.
  • SnakePlissken
    14 years ago
    To answer your question, Steve, I've never actually said that. I act polite at all times.
  • Alucard
    14 years ago
    Hey Honey or Hey Baby, depending on whether I've been with the dancer before.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    steve,

That was big news down years ago. Someone like the Discovery Channel or National Geographic did a special on that. Bottom line, they think the lethargic snake (after eating such a large meal) was attacked by another gator.
  • Philip A. Stein
    14 years ago
    I only use term of endearment with girls I know, even if just barely. Funny thing I call bartenders princess, I never drop that on a dancer. Dancers get called baby, sugar, sweetie, and hon are the most common. Babydoll is reserved for home use only.

I'm kinda surprised how many don't do it and/or don't like it.
  • sandyman
    14 years ago
    I use "Hello, Darling" with a little Southern drawl.
  • DoctorDarby
    14 years ago
    Same here, with the shorter "darlin" enphasized so it doesn't sound too hokey. If my feeble old brain can remember, I will always try to use their names whenever possible. A compliment, like "you look quite fabulous tonight" always helps, whether its directed at dancers, waitresses, or shot girls.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I agree with how about the Southern Charm. I am certainly no stranger to gridget but when she phoned me last night, she greeted me with "Hi darlin'". I loved it.

Awhile back I told a dancer that I could not get a dance from her because she was using the same name as my daughter. She said you can call me anything you want. I said "how about bitch". She said "that'll work". She got the dance.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    I might try the "Hello darlin'" thing next time out. I'm a damn Yankee living in Kentucky, with a Yankee rasp even I can hear when I listen to a recording, but I might still give it a shot.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I like the southern hospitality but I also like the Texas girls and the California girls.
  • wallanon
    14 years ago
    I let them speak first.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    I point to my thang, and say "You want some of that" ??
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    vm: Doesn't that belong in the "Lame lines..." thread? :)
  • DoctorDarby
    14 years ago
    Not if you put a little hat on him and make him talk without moving your lips. Wows 'em every time!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion