tuscl

Brad's Brass Flamingo

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
I just don't get it. Brad's Brass Flamingo in Indianapolis is consistently ranked in the Top 10. And usually #1 or #2. Right not, it's #2, only behind Adelitas (which is by all accounts really a whorehouse and not a strip club).

I'm from Indiana, but I've been around. Las Vegas, Tampa, Providence, Detoit -- and Brad's doesn't even begin to compare. I don't make the effort to even go there anymore. My biggest complaint -- and it's even stated in several reviews -- that the dancers don't come to you...the customer has to approach the dancer. I refuse to that. What happened to customer service in America? There is absolutley nothing I've seen in my visits that convince me this should be a Top 50, let alone a Top 5 club. What am I missing?

14 comments

• divadiver
    14 years ago
    Last I heard lap dances were $10 and 1/2 hour session was $50. Good contact.

You can't find that in Vegas.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    kinda like motorhead said, if the dancers want to make some money i usually expect them to approach me. if they fit my profile of what i want then there's a good chance that i'll give them a try.

but 50 bucks for a full contact half hour in a club sounds pretty good divadiver.
  • dudeanonymous
    14 years ago
    Brad's is on my list of places I would like to visit, but I wouldn't make a special trip, especially since I haven't been to Indy in a decade. Don't know if the "approach instead of being approached" thing would turn me off, but from the reviews I've read, tipping at the stage will attract attention.

Having said that, I take the TUSCL Top Ten with a whole shaker of salt. I have been to clubs I've liked more than the few on the Top Ten I have visited. To each his own.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    A few weeks ago Cheeks was rated number 10 in the country. This is a club that is set up that makes it impossible for any extras or extended two way contact. There are cameras in the couch rooms and several bouncers that walk around patrolling it. Also the walls for each booth are so short that they can just simply look over it. I looked around at others and they were not getting any two way contact. I did not understand why a club with very limited hit or miss two way contact was ranked so high. Probably had to do with the prices of LDs being cheap (2 for $25 was standard) and they do grind a lot (which is not allowed at several Ohio clubs nearby like Diamond's Cabaret and Deja Vu). I would rather pay $30/song and get good mileage than 2 for $25 and have only 1 way contact. I think Cheeks would be fun for a bachelor party with just normal strip clubbers but for the raincoaters like myself it is a waste of time.
  • minnow
    14 years ago
    Probably because Brass consistently pleases ( not nec. in the "extras" kind of way) enough reviewers who had a good time without draining the wallet. BF has the lowest prices in town with very little drop off in dancer quality- bang for $ counts for a lot with many reviewers.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    I can see why Brad's is rated as it is, when I was there over Memorial Day weekend. I had a good time all 3 times I was there. For the most parts the dancers do not approach you, but some did, I enjoyed talking with them and I took them back to the VIP areas. If one was willing to pay the higher prices, one can have a good time. Even the $12 dances, were good. However Founder weights the reviews is fine with me, it's his website. YMMV, but Brad's deserves to be in the top 10, IMO
  • Rod8432
    14 years ago
    I concur with most of the positive reviews of BBF. In fact, I like it that the girls don't mob me with constant requests for table/lap dances and VIP pressure. At Brad's you can just kick back, enjoy the view, and move at your own pace.

Best aspects:
    * At the tip rail, you get a true personal connection (girl kneels/sits on the rail while looking directly at you - not just a quick semi-knee bend and garter yank while she stares off into space awaiting your tip). They almost all do the boobs-in-the-face thing, and not infrequently, will jump down into your lap for a mini-dance or crawl under the rail with her head directly in your crotch for simulated oral (I love how their breath feels through my thin pants, especially when they flutter their tongues).

* For $10 or $12 a pop (depending if there's an attendant collecting the $2 at the VIP entrance), the lap dances are usually over the top. Of course, YMMV, but I've generally gotten full contact in both directions, lots of stick shifting, plus occasional light kissing. Consistency and value are key here. I've gotten similar in some other clubs, in Vegas and elsewhere, but it's hit-or-miss and much more expensive (usually $20 - $30/dance).

* Lastly, I like a laid-back feel without all the hustle. At Brad's, some of the girls do hang with luck patrons or regulars for a while, instead of circulating, while others choose to make the rounds. My only advice is if you see a girl you like, make your intentions known while at the tip rail during her dance or simply walk up to her after she gets off the stage and ask if she's available for a lap dance. They almost always are and actually seem grateful and flattered that I asked. Perhaps it saves them from having to walk around offering dollar dances and fishing for lap dances, which I think can be nerve-wracking, especially for the newer girls.

Have fun out there...
  • Otto22
    14 years ago
    I have never understood the high ratings for BBF either. Mileage, at least compared to Detroit or Florida clubs is ordinary. There is no stage but rather a "corrall" for the dancers which can inhibit viewing. I guess I am more willing to put up with the hustle factor of dancers pestering me for dances than the passive attitude of Brad's girls.
    I agree that the low cost makes this an above average club, but compared to the Inner Room in Cocoa Beach, this is an ordinary club at best.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Nice writeup, Rod!

The rail seating is a must for anyone visiting Brad's!!! With the stage elevated and in the center of the club, every dancer up there knows she's advertising herself to every guy in the place while performing her set. For a $1 tip a guy can be the recipient of quite a show (as you so clearly wrote of above.)

That said, Brad's IS NOT an extras place. However, on the last couple of visits I have broached the topic of OTC with a couple of the better dancers and never heard "I don't do that" or "I don't do private shows." So, a theory: maybe the "hunkering down with regulars" some gals do is because they are more interested in the big money to be had OTC with one guy than earning $10 a song for a single lap dance and having to hustle to get said lap dance and/or performing $1 quickie dances throughout the place???
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Extras are available, I can testify to that. LOL
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Guess who's going to get a PM as soon as I finish typing this?
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    How is the food at Brad's? How is their free daily buffet 4-6pm?

Also saw on their website they sell a "platinum VIP membership" for $50/year but it does not really state any benefits for the membership.

Also they have a free admission pass on their website but they also advertise 1/2 off admission for bachelor/birthday parties...wouldn't it be cheaper to just print off a bunch of admission passes for the party people instead.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    They have a buffet daily in the afternoon. I wouldn't say their cook is a Cordon Bleu graduate, but the chicken and fish I've had there was decent. I don't have a printer with me on the road so I just paid the cover.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    too bad they didn't have their online pass similar to the doll house of columbus, that says "print or mention" for the online pass. I think they had to add that "or mention" part because they are nearby a lot of hotels with a lot of travelers without access to printers.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion