tuscl

Worst Strip Club Still in Business

Thanks to harrydave for starting this thread a few years ago but I wanted to start it again because of so many new people.
What is the worst club you have ever been in (for more than 5 minutes) that is still in business, defying all rules of business logic and sensibility. And why?

My worst, by far:

Misty's, a topless club in Columbus. Let me count the ways:
1. Bad part of town, old sign, 3 car parking lot
2. Run by creepy looking ghetto thugs more interested in drugs than girls
3. No DJ, no juke box, just a boom box near the stage
4. Girls you wouldn't fuck even if they paid you
5. Total of 2 dancers working, 1 bartender, 1 bouncer staring you down the whole time
6. 1 dance booth with beads hanging down as a door and the bouncer sitting behind this "door" to watch the private dance
7. Misty's used to be known as Body Shop Lounge but got closed down. Now a couple years later the same mgmt team opens it back again with a different name.
8. Homeless people hanging around on the same street.
9. Dim lighting to the point you have to squint
10. Asks for your ID at the door and studies it while writing something down in a log book as if they are keeping track of who enters.

Not even Vitamin V would get me interested in going back to this place again.

17 comments

• CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Sounds bad, Sam. I've seen many dumpy places, uninspired talent, etc. But what gets me more than anything are the few places severely overcharging (not just how much it is, but the fact one gets soooo little.) There are two clubs I've been to which take the cake: Paper Moon in Springfield, Va., and Centerfolds in Columbus, Oh. A regular lapper at each is $60, and the mileage is low.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Hey CT at least Centerfolds gives you free admission lol but yeah I agree that mileage is no touch air dancing.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    a touch of gold in cleveland ohio!

why?
    do you mean besides being a shithole?
    read the reviews.. they don't lie!
  • theriddler
    14 years ago
    Teaser's - Goldsboro, NC

In town for business and went to this joint. Hung around awhile in the evening and had a couple beers. Never saw a female.
  • harrydave
    14 years ago
    Thanks for the mention.

Hmmmmmm....tough call.

How about Exotic She Lounge in Evansville, IN?

It's a bar, it's a diner, it's a pool hall, it's a club. Who the hell knows what it is!

Note the review by ThisOldManPlayed1....anybody know who that is?
  • Ironcat
    14 years ago
    Any club on the block on Baltimore except the hustler. I never saw such seedy place and they overcharged us for beer.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    harrydave, It's been awhile since you have posted. Yes I know who that is. I got an email from him yesterday.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I'm glad this thread could bring harrydave out of the woodwork
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "What is the worst club you have ever been in (for more than 5 minutes) that is still in business, defying all rules of business logic and sensibility. And why?"

There have been too many, but the most recent one was Bar Le Vieux Manoir in rural southern Quebec. I didn't even know that it existed until it just popped up on TUSCL as an apparent club. It's basically a local bar that happens to have very old & ugly strippers at it. The quoted prices for "extras" were pretty cheap, but you'd have to really, really like older women that should have given up dancing years & years ago in order to partake in any "fun"...ugh...
    ---------------------

"anybody know who that is?"

Yea, that's Bones.

This is yet another thread that could benefit from the return of the "Bottom 40"...a listing of the worst-rated strip clubs on TUSCL.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    MG, good idea about the bottom top 40. here is the list from Dec 2003:

These are the worst rated clubs on www.tuscl.com. (minimum 5 reviews)

Rank Club Location Rating Reviews
    1. Pad Covington, Kentucky 1.67 6
    2. Silver Slipper Louisville, Kentucky 1.8 5
    3. Club Can-Can Pennsauken, New Jersey 2 8
    4. New Players Club, The Lakewood, Washington 2.14 7
    5. Lamplighter II Worcester, Massachusetts 2.69 8
    6. Artist Cafe New Orleans, Louisiana 2.86 7
    7. Erotic City Kansas City, Missouri 3.14 7
    8. Ball Park Tavern Levittown, Pennsylvania 3.2 5
    9. Club Extasy Seattle, Washington 3.29 7
    10. Dancers Palatine, Illinois 3.5 10
    11. Fantasy Showbar Strip Mount Ephraim, New Jersey 3.56 9
    12. Double Vision Horsham, Pennsylvania 3.6 5
    12. Highway Playground Yukon, Pennsylvania 3.6 5
    14. Baby Dolls (formerly Club Cabana) Zion, Illinois 3.63 8
    15. Santa Fe Cabaret Dallas, Texas 3.67 6
    15. Can-Can Room Las Vegas, Nevada 3.67 6
    17. Mouse Trap Atlanta, Georgia 3.8 5
    18. 1320 II Springfield, Virginia 4 5
    18. Visions Madison, Wisconsin 4 5
    20. Sensations Showgirls Grand Rapids, Michigan 4.14 7
    21. Rose's Cantina Groton, Connecticut 4.2 5
    22. Foxy Lady Raleigh, North Carolina 4.4 10
    22. Brass Bull Newport, Kentucky 4.4 5
    22. Penthouse Key Club Cleveland, Ohio 4.4 5
    25. L.A. Gals San Francisco, California 4.43 7
    26. VIP (frmly Crazy Horse Too) Chicago, Illinois 4.46 13
    27. Seven Seas Tampa, Florida 4.47 15
    28. Hunt Club Fort Collins, Colorado 4.5 8
    29. PlayLate Club, The Birmingham, Alabama 4.58 6
    30. Leopard Lounge Las Vegas, Nevada 4.6 5
    31. Centerfolds 2000 North Oxford, Massachusetts 4.67 6
    31. Centerfolds Worcester, Massachusetts 4.67 6
    33. Mermaid West Palm Beach, Florida 4.77 11
    34. Wiggles Hammond, Indiana 4.8 5
    34. Diamond Club Atlanta, Georgia 4.8 5
    34. Miss Karen's Ashkum, Illinois 4.8 5
    37. Gold Rush Tampa, Florida 4.83 15
    38. Dockside Dolls Garner, North Carolina 4.88 8
    39. American Bush Salt Lake City, Utah 4.94 8
    40. Paradise Club New York City/Manhattan, New York

I have not been to the Dockside Dolls in North Carolina but I know they are the company that also owned the Dockside Dolls in Columbus that went out of business a few years ago.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    Was at the Mermaid in WPB, but years before 2003.
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    Lollipops in Hudson, FL. Same reasons as OP, mostly. Plus, plenty of girls here are dentally challenged. I've had dances from some unattractive dancers in my life, but the ones at Lollipops couldn't tempt even ME. No front teeth. EGAD!!
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    lol dentally challenged. That is how I felt about several of the dancers at Fantasyland West on my recent visit.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    YAYYYYYYYYYYY, no Detroit clubs on ss1's list. There was a club on 8 Mile Road, long ago in the 70's. It gave new meaning to a hole in the ground. Ugly fat dancers, mud wrestling matches with the dancers and hookers sitting at the bar trolling for business. The building is still there, but no longer in business.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    The Bottom 40 was around more recently than 2003.
  • wallanon
    14 years ago
    Anyone who thinks clubs on The Block are some of the worst in the business needs to get out more. They've got issues to be sure, but they deliver on their brand of tourist trapping entertainment. As for Tony's Place down on Monument Street in Baltimore, now that's a hole in the wall that even the dives would look down on.
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    Been to Lollipops --- awful. Been to centerfold's worcester -- awful. My worst ever: hawks lounge -- Providence rhode island. My third worst experience there caused me to get hit in the head with plaster from the ceiling when the guy on the other side of the stripper next to me at the bar shoved her arm upwards so the shot from her pistol hit the ceiling instead of the bartender who refused to serve her,
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion