tuscl

BYOB

This is going to sound like a dumb question but I have never been in a byob club and was going to take my girl friend to one tonight . What is the procedure or policy ? do you just show up with a cooler of beer and set down or do they have a fridge ? I'm guessing if they don't sell beer they make there money at the door . Whats up thanks for any help on what to expect .

10 comments

• gatorfan
    14 years ago
    BYOB strip clubs aren't very different from strip clubs selling alcohol. They have bartenders who will put your 6 pack of beer, mikes hard lemonade, bottle of wine or most non-hard alcoholic drinks on ice for you. New Jersey has quite a few BYOB strip clubs and many have a slightly higher cover charge to balance out not selling alcohol. Other states might operate a little different, I've heard of clubs making you buy back your beers for a dollar or 2 to the bartender. But other than that, the only difference is you are bringing the 6 pack to the club, everything else works the same as any other strip club.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    I think different clubs work different. You can always call the club in the early evening and ask. At one club I visit, if you only bring a few beers or enough to fit in one of their small coolers, you can just bring the beer in a bag or whatever and they'll put it in a cooler with ice at the bar after you get in. Actually at one club, they'll give you a cooler (some handles don't always lock) and you get the ice at the bar. At the club I visit they want to keep your id and a deposit at the front desk until you return the cooler. Apparently someone stole their coolers and management put this lame policy in place rather than better security at the door. Apparently some guys bring a lot of beer and their own coolers so maybe they have trouble telling the two apart on occasion.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    At one club the admission price used to be different depending upon whether or not you were bringing in beer. I don't know of any byob clubs that allow you to bring hard liquor in though.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    One club I remember used to put your beer in a fridge.
  • Notsosly
    14 years ago
    Foxy in El Paso has a 2 drink minimum if you do not BYOB. They serve non-alcoholic stuff like water and soda and juices. If you BYOB, you do not have to buy anything. They will give you a bucket of ice if you want one, for a small fee. You can also bring your own cooler provided it's not a big one.

That's one way it's done. I'm sure there are many variations. As well, they may be more popular in some regions and not in others. South FL and SoCal are the two areas I'm most familiar with, and there are few to none there. Texas seemed to have a number of them though.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I know of BYOB clubs that make you buy a "membership" and pay a cover charge the first time you visit. The membership is good for something like 60 days or 1 year. Also BYOB places are open later than the typical 2:30am and they get very busy after 2 am. At Vanity in Columbus, OH they raise the cover price after 2 am, so on a friday/saturday night you have to pay $25 to enter for the first time.

There are also some clubs like Private Dancer in Columbus, OH that does not charge a membership and cover is $10.

Some places will charge you also if you bring beer and give you a "bag of ice" in exchange. This of course is usually overpriced.

• DandyDan
    14 years ago
    Iowa has a large number of BYOB clubs and usually, you have to bring a cooler with you. As for the beer, you usually have to bring it with you, but I know of a couple places where you can either get beer in a in-house liquor store or they have a building next door you can buy beer at. I believe they will let you bring wine in as well, but not hard liquor, although that depends entirely on which club you go to. It's possible they may allow hard liquor, but you have to call your club ahead of time.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    To sum up the responses, tell us what club you are going to might help in telling you how different clubs work. But you don't need to bring a cooler, it would be ridiculous to have to bring a cooler.
  • saltwaterfish
    14 years ago
    I'm not sure of the name of the club but it's in Fitchville Ohio . Closest club to me and I heard it's not to bad ? Thanks for the help
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    Gotta love Dallas BYOB clubs. Bring your bottle in and carry it with you all night. If you like your alcohol straight then never pay another dime to the house for drinks, though I like a glass of ice (generally $1) or sometimes a mixer ($4-6), but I milk either one.

In a lot of other states you need to hand your bottle over to a bartender and pay per drink, and some states only allow beer and wine in BYOB SCs, but Texas is obviously more enlightened ;)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion