tuscl

Platinum Plus

Thursday, May 13, 2010 5:16 AM
Just wondering if there is an ethnic mix at PP in Columbia. I see "white" in the club description, but have seen some mention of other races in maybe one or two reviews.

17 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    I read that they wanted to stop the drugs from coming in the club so they decided to no longer hire black dancers. The ones that were currently working when they made the rule though were allowed to stay and were grandfathered in. There are a lot of people on this discussion board though that might know more details to answer your question. Could you post a pic by the way?
  • uscue13
    14 years ago
    On a regular night shift at PP, I will see 90% white and the other 10% will be a mix of asian, hispanic and black, typically in that order. So on a night shift, 9 out of 10 girls will be white, but on busy nights there are close to 80 girls so 8 of various ethnic backgrounds. Day shift will be lucky to have one minority working before happy hour. I've seen new faces there recently (black and hispanic), so not exactly sure about the policy samsung mentioned. I'd call before showing up if you want to work. The ethnic mixture is a lot better at Heartbreakers...I'd say 30-40% ethnic on a night shift.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    uscue13, here is the thread where I got that policy info from: [view link] Here is the quote "Let me give you some back ground on this complaint. Well over a year ago the owner/managers changed their hiring policy. Ethnicity on their page was changed from mixed to white. They decided to not let any more black dancers work there. All existing blacks were given grandfather rights. There are more than 3 dancers that qualify. It is hard to estimate how many black dancer are currently working there. It is just as hard to estimate how many total dancers work there. I would say that if there were 25 dancers on shift, 3 would be black. The reason for this policy change is to stop drug use and trafficking within the club. I am sorry to say that the black community has this reputation. I had a favorite white dancer that got kicked out for heroin use ITC. Her source was another white dancer. I have 2 black dancers on my favorites list. I am reasonably sure that one of them is using drugs. A year ago 2 dancers drove down from NYC to work at the club. One white. The other black. The black was not allowed to work and spent an 8 hour shift as a customer. So the policy is being enforced. "
  • sexychanel
    14 years ago
    Thanks you guys, & I was looking at trying Heartbreakers also so that helped.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    PP has less than 5% black dancers. This is intential. They are trying to keep out drug traffickers. This may be racist but that is the way it is.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    If that's an explicit policy, they are likely breaking the law. Most jobs (and all civilian jobs that I know of) are not allowed to consider race as a qualification. I can't imagine any politico or labor enforcement organization *not* setting them up by having black women apply there and then not be hired because of their race. Talk about an easy target.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    george, they do hire blacks but they are really screened. They also have a dress code. If you come dressed like one of the boys from the hood, you ain't gettin in.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Good luck sexychanel with finding a dancing job. Could we maybe get to see a pic of you?
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    George, strippers are independant contractors and not watched over by any "labor enforcement agency". Strip clubs can do whatever they see fit; they don't fit the same mold as say an insurance company or grocery store when it comes to hiring. I've been to clubs where you don't get in the door if you are black.
  • sexychanel
    14 years ago
    Actually I can sort of understand where they're coming from. A lot of girls at the black clubs are not very attractive and do have "ghetto" attitudes because it's easy to get away with in the black clubs. I guess it's more of what the guys are use to. I think there's a need for more polished and refined ebony dancers. & here's a pic... [view link]
  • Jpac73
    14 years ago
    sexychanel your cute, I am sure you want have any problems in getting hired.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    sinclair: Based on my company's experience with such independent contractors (though I admit, we are *not* a strip club :), I'm not convinced the law is any different in practice between employees and contractors. The specific provisions of law may be different for the two types, but the practical effect of (or attempt at) eliminating race as a deciding factor in employment decisions remains. Now, whether or not a prosecutor wants to *bother* with it, is another question entirely.
  • uscue13
    14 years ago
    Yeah sexychanel, I don't think you would have a problem getting hired. You have a great cute and innocent look, I don't know what your club persona is but your look goes great with that innocent, almost shy type. If not PP, HB would definitely get you a lot of value
  • uscue13
    14 years ago
    I'd stay away from dancing at Crush, it's not a money-making environment and you'd deal with more harassment than necessary from younger club-goers. If they were spending money, sure they might grope and stuff, but all my times there a lot of the groups just cop feels as you go by and never stage tip or get dances
  • sexychanel
    14 years ago
    thanks a lot uscue13, and Crush was about to be one of the first places I actually went to try. Honestly, that was one reason that I didn't even want to bother with a "black" club, especially when I heard that so many young people go there (which normally means no real tips). Heartbreakers is sounding better and better.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    Has success spoiled Platinum Plus? uscue13 knows the Columbia strip club scene. He is wise. Crush has changed it's name twice in the last few years. I rate it #3 in Columbia. Previous owners include the ex general manager of PP. Although he remodeled the place and tried to steal the competition, he failed. Heart Breakers is the sister club to PP. I rate it the 2nd best club in Columbia. The joke is: that is where they send the over weight and other rejects from PP. THe owner of the PP chain, Ken Wood has his business office right next door. From recent reviews, PLatinum Plus is losing it's statest as one of the top rated clubs in the USA. The extremely loud music is only the tip of the ice berg and I can handle the rise in drink prices. What I can't handle is the raise in lap dance prices. Too many newbies trying to cash in. Too many ROBs. I am well known as the candy man there. I think I can still get 2 fer $20 lap dances from my favorite dancers. I have known some of them for 6+ years and they appreciate me. In my opinion, if you pay more that $25 or $30 for a 2 fer, you are getting ripped off. It has been 3 months since my last visit (health problems). I am going to do a 3 day fact finding mission, starting tommorrow. Two of my TUSCL buddies will join me. Maybe more. We know the dancers and the score. I will tell all in my next review. Btw, this months choice will be bite size Snickers.
  • divadiver
    14 years ago
    mmm now i'm hungry
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion