tuscl

Mini Vacation

So, like, my employer likes to work people till they drop-for instance I've pulled five 12 hour shifts this week, however,

I'll be off Mon, tues, wed. this week. Any ideas for a quick getaway ?

12 comments

• vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Come to Houston, Dudester, the hurricane season hasn't started. I've had fun here, time to move on, I'll head down to Galveston for the weekend, and enjoy the beach.
  • wallanon
    14 years ago
    Isn't the Dudester already in Houston?
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    OOPS, you are correct. Thanks, wallanon. Go to Miami Beach, then, Dudester. I always have had great times there, no matter where I go.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    "Isn't the Dudester already in Houston?"

A stay-cation then. Sleep late, spend the $ you save in airfare/gas/hotels in the clubs.
  • minnow
    14 years ago
    If you can get great airfare/hotel, how about San Diego, relive your youthful days. If the non-club(and club) options don't float your boat, there's always TJ. Or you could just hop on SWA or drive down-gulf to South Padre Island area sit on the beach, and read a book.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    3 days off and you consider that a vacation?! Here in Columbus, a "vacation" trip for me would be traveling to indianapolis to visit Brad's.

Otherwise my weekend getaways are for Dayton (1-2 hour drive)
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    dudester, you live in one of the best strip club cities in the world (assuming Houston) Maybe a getaway to Austin or San Ant. or even Dallas
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    Houston is one of the best SC towns I've ever come across.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Come to Columbus, OH to visit and you'll gain a new found appreciation for Houston SCs
  • gk
    14 years ago
    Hop down to Mexico for a three-day beach resort vacation. Check out the TUSCL. ratings and pick you destination based on that or, whatever.

• georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    The absolute very best vacation my wife and I have ever taken was a cruise. No pressure to do anything, everything taken care of for you, waited on hand and foot, and not horribly inexpensive. I frankly didn't honk I was going to enjoy it as much as I did, but I'll be going back whenever I can.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    Funny how harcore mongers answer differently than some others.

Hardcore mongers: stay in Houston!
    Others: San Diego, a cruise, etc.

Might find the best of both worlds in Miami (as vince mentioned), but expect your wallet to ache a little afterwards :)

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion