tuscl

Computer tycoon Sir Clive Sinclair, 69, weds 33-year-old former lapdancer fiancÃ

Thursday, April 29, 2010 7:09 AM
Computer tycoon Sir Clive Sinclair, 69, weds 33-year-old former lapdancer fiancée Sir Clive, 69, who invented the pocket calculator and the ill-fated C5 electric car, is said to have married Miss Bowness in the US city's Civil Court in front of just one witness, a passer-by, on April 16. The couple have been seeing each other on and off for more than a decade and Sir Clive proposed to Miss Bowness, 33, last year. Sir Clive, a former Mensa chair with an IQ of 159, is thought to have bought a platinum wedding ring from jeweller Asprey before suggesting that the couple marry while on the plane to Las Vegas. "She agreed and we just got married in a very simple ceremony, with no fuss and just us present," he told The Daily Mail. "It was a spur of the moment thing." Asked what qualities attracted him to his bride, he replied: "Well she is a former Miss England, isn't she?" He said that while he had not expected to marry at the age of 69, he said of the 36 years between him and Miss Bowness: "It's just an age gap. Our relationship works extremely well." His new wife, who reportedly wore a short, blue Alexander Wang dress and Christian Louboutin shoes for the ceremony, told the paper: "We're over the moon. We're very happy." She previously said she found Sir Clive to be a "very attractive man". "I get cross when he's described as "balding Sir Clive Sinclair"," she said last year following their engagement. "He's actually incredibly attractive to women. You can't tell from the pictures. "To outsiders perhaps it looks strange, but none of our friends and family were at all surprised. They said they knew it was always going to happen one day. It's been a natural progression and apart from the attraction between us we're also best friends." Last night, a friend of Miss Bowness said: "Angie is absolutely over the moon to have married Sir Clive. And he's thrilled – he can't stop calling her My Lady." Miss Bowness, who has a 12-year-old son from a previous relationship, met Sir Clive in 1996 while she was working as a lapdancer at Stringfellows' club in central London and dated on and off for ten years. She now takes the title of Lady Sinclair because of her husband's life peerage. [view link]

6 comments

• steve229
    14 years ago
    Sam - thanks for posting this heartwarming story of true romance. "He's actually incredibly attractive to women. You can't tell from the pictures." Boy, she's got that right.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    The first guy I thought about when reading about this was wondering if londonguy is Sir Clive...but after reading Sir Clive Sinclair wikipedia page I have learned that he loves computers but he does not use the internet.
  • Slothrop
    14 years ago
    "...dated on and off for ten years..." Dated, huh? I wonder how often she picked up the tab.
  • Player11
    14 years ago
    Good for him and for her too - from stripper to "My Lady." Let the age group appropriate partyniks stuff that.
  • jabthehut
    14 years ago
    I bought a Sinclair ZX81 back in 1981, my first PC. It had a blazing fast 3.25MHz processor and 1K of memory. The kit was $99.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    She looks great for being 33-years-old...too bad she's married to an old fool now. [view link] [view link] She was apparently only Miss UK runner-up in 1995.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion