tuscl

(10 + 1 + 5) / 3 = 8.93

EarlTee
Horny old bastard.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010 1:31 AM
The member rating for Foxxies in Austin, TX is 8.93. The overall ratings from the three individual reviews are 10, 1, and 5. What don't I understand? Horrible math? The 8.93 includes scores whose reviews have aged off the board?

3 comments

• Dougster
    14 years ago
    They must have hired MisterGay to calculate the averages.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Interesting observation. I am guessing the older reviews don't have as much weight as the newer reviews. Also I think tuscl factors in how long a reviewer has been a member of tuscl. This prevents people from making up new accounts to promote a club. Also I would not pay attention to the numerical rating of a club. I just pay attention if it is in the tuscl top 100 or not. Foxxies will not be able to make it in the top 100 if it only has 1 recent review and only 3 reviews total. Also you can check out [view link], yahoo local, and [view link] for additional sources for reviews.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    The exact details of the algorithm that founder is using these days has been basically under wraps since it's implementation a while back. From what I can remember though, only reviews from the last two years or so are factored into a club's current numerical rating. Multiple, recent reviews of the same club from the same reviewer are averaged together, and reviews from TUSCL members that have been members for a long time (or with many total reviews?) are weighted more somehow than reviews from newbies. There are also other factors that go into the numerical rating that I don't know about. samsung is correct that it takes a number of recent reviews (or reviewers really) in order for a club to make it onto the Top 100 list. I forget what my guess was for the exact number, but it's been raised from what it was a long while back. Anyway you slice it, we're not going to hear from founder on the exact details of how the numerical ratings work, since he would like to keep the system from being gamed by others. I agree.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion