tuscl

Happy Days Are Here Again?

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 10:21 PM
Went to a local club last night and there were a lot more customers (25+) than I had seen recently even on a weekend night (<15) and last night was Tuesday. Then I got a call today from a dancer in a NC club who said things were picking up and that they were in the midst of a remodel - this club needs it. Anyone else noticed better times in the SC business?

8 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    Yeah weather is getting nicer. This is good for dancers who walk to work, which surprisingly I have seen several dancers do so. They also know more customers come out so they are more motivated to come out to work than just live off welfare money.
  • txtittyfan
    14 years ago
    I've noticed the girls have been getting more attractive.
  • brewerfan
    14 years ago
    People are getting their taxes done at this time of year. That'll get people out to clubs and everywhere else.
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    Yep. People are getting income tax refunds. The county where my fave club is located is in dire economic straits. Unemployment is 12%. Vacant office spaces and big box stores everywhere. But the clubs are busy. That doesn't mean they're spending a lot of money. Seven dollar cover and a beer isn't a huge expenditure and you can spend all night there.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    I haven't noticed things picking up in Jersey-Philly area.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I do remember reading in Rick's Cabaret letter to shareholders that their strip club business goes through seasons of high revenue and low revenue
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    I went to the club I visit the most last weekend and was shocked that it was as crowded as it was at 9 pm. Normally I go there at 9pm and it's half empty. Hell, people were even spending on the shower stage. I have to believe part of it is getting the tax refund and part of it is the fact the weather is nicer.
  • casualguy
    14 years ago
    I've noticed people in the clubs but recently it seems like no one is tipping anymore. I've been looking to cut back on my spending at one club and succeeding. However the dancers I no longer buy dances from anymore seem to stop showing up after a while. From my point of view, spending is down and getting worse again. This is a trend I've noticed in the last few weeks. There seems to be not as many attractive dancers in the clubs which makes me want to leave sooner and spend less too.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion