tuscl

Guess who they believe when a woman screams rape

deogol
Michigan
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/24…

Be aware of how the justice system works for men.

Think about it. People always complain justice is racist because of all the black people in jail compared to whites.

Perhaps it is a bit sexist too.

8 comments

• Dudester
    15 years ago
    1) Don't invite a drunk woman to a "party"

2) Don't have sex with a drunk woman

3) Don't argue with a drunk woman

4) Don't get a woman drunk for fun

5) When encountering a drunk woman, have every minute of your whereabouts accounted for.

In short, think like a man, not a caveman. Use common sense (why do they call it common sense when it's so uncommon?).
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    Every now and then we see a news story about a guy being released from prison because DNA proved that he could not have done it. How many innocent guys have been executed? Do we care or do we take the view that "It's no great loss. He was probably guilty of something, anyway. Besides, he's XXXXX and not likely to make any great contribution to society."

Macomb County, Michigan Sheriff lost his job because the woman who came to his hotel room, later cried rape.
  • SnakePlissken
    15 years ago
    Current rape laws are a travesty. Men are guilty until proven innocent.

That and divorce laws are the two greatest injustices perpetrated against men today.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    SD,

That has always concerned me. I can understand how DNA can prove someone did do something or at least was in a specific area, but not how it can prove someone didn't do something.
  • georgmicrodong
    15 years ago
    Clubber: Current DNA testing can not, CSI mumbo jumbo notwithstanding, with 100% accuracy say that a given sample came from a given person. This is because there are still some few genetic characteristics that can't be identified with absolute certainty. What it *can* do is say that 1 out of X people will have a given DNA profile. If X is high enough, in the hundreds of millions or billions, the courts have pretty much agreed that it can be considered conclusive.

Testing can, however, completely eliminate a given person from a given profile by comparing those genetic that *can* be identified. If one of those characteritics shows up in one sample but not the other, then that is an absolute elimination. For instance, if one sample's 23rd chromosome is female, XX, that completely eliminates anyone with an XY in that location. That's a really obvious one,When I look at those photos I wonder if any of them have Aids but there are numerous more subtle ones as well, not all of which have outwardly visible manifestations.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    gmd,

Yes I understand that, but what I am saying is how it can be said someone didn't do something just because anothers DNA was found or theirs was not. Is DNA so prevalent at a crime scene that anyone that has been there in say the last month or so leaves enough DNA to profile them?
  • georgmicrodong
    15 years ago
    Ah, I misunderstood. You're right, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. I believe that depends on the nature of the sample. If, for instance, if a scratch on the suspect is matched with material under the fingernails of the victim, and it's later found that the two do *not* match, but is matched with a third part, that might exonerate the first suspect, depending on the *rest* of the evidence.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    That would certainly be a lot more convincing.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion