tuscl

Ex-Hooters Waitress Stalked, Killed By Customer

Murder-Suicide Victim Wanted Restraining Order Against Shooter
POSTED: Tuesday, February 9, 2010
UPDATED: 10:51 am EST February 10, 2010

Alissa Blanton
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The woman who was killed while walking into work on Monday in a murder-suicide had been stalked by her killer, a customer from when she worked at Hooters, for years.

Local 6 News reported that Alissa Blanton filed a restraining order against Roger Troy one week before he shot and killed her, and then himself, in front of an AT&T call center in Research Park near the University of Central Florida in Orlando Monday afternoon.
Troy, 61, was dead at the scene and Blanton died several hours later at the hospital.
Blanton's husband saw the shooting happen and performed CPR on her before paramedics arrived.
Blanton was granted a Feb. 16 hearing for an injunction for protection against Troy.
"Roger Troy started harassing e-mails when I stopped working at Hooters and talking to him," Blanton said in the complaint.
Troy was a former customer of Blanton's when she worked at the Hooters in Merritt Island until September 2008.
"In the beginning Roger was a regular customer that came in daily and always sat in my section. I gave him my e-mail one day because he continued to ask for my number. That way he knew my schedule," Blanton said in the complaint. "He never harassed me in the beginning."
According to Blanton's complaint, Troy eventually began to cross the line.
"At the end of employment at Hooters, Roger always tried to walk me to my car at the end of the night, but he would stand and talk and hug me and so on. My manager John didn't like this. The customers are not allowed to touch any of the girls," Blanton said in the complaint.
The Hooters manager confronted Troy about touching Blanton.
"He has said several times that he spent so much money there and on me, and he doesn't deserve to be treated this way (not talking to him). After this incident he stopped sitting in my section, and the e-mails started about how terrible I am and all about an ex-boyfriend I was dating. I moved to Orlando to be closer to new job and he began showing up there and e-mailing about seeing me. I reported it. Then got married and moved back to Brevard County and letters are coming and stalking here also," Blanton said in the complaint.
Blanton married an AT&T co-worker last August, according to a wedding announcement.
"He started as he says his 'ADG Project' (my initials). He states several times drove by my home, how he has seen me in Orlando. He describes how I look (like that I gained weight and cut my hair). He once came to my work at AT&T call center in Orlando, and blocked me in my car. (Parked his car behind mine and came to my window and put arms on window ledge.) Also, in letters, put in other remarks, like 'Wearing your seatbelt?' " Blanton said in the complaint.
Local 6 initially reported that Troy was ordered to stay away from Blanton's work in Orlando.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/2251205…

3 comments

• deogol
    15 years ago
    A Hooter's PL? WTF?
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    This was in Orlando though. The top tourist spot in the world and the home of air dancing. Hooter's probably has better eye candy than the SCs
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    Sad. A man loses his young bride because some sicko couldn't deal with reality. Too bad he took his own life-he deserved to be locked away from everything, except that sphincter stretcher-Bubba.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion