Playoff Predictions

I seem to remember someone on this board doing playoff
predictions based on the quality of the strip clubs in the team's
city. If you're out there, any predictions for Sunday's games?

10 comments

• gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Jets-Vikes okay back to reality Colts-Saints
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    Steve- That somebody would be me. I also did NBA playoffs, but slacked off doing this round due to relatively low interest. Since I'm in a fairly good mood, I'll humor you with my "tongue in cheek" NFL Playoff Predictions Based Solely On Strength Of Area Strip Clubs.

INDIANAPOLIS VS NEW YORK: Indy has 3 clubs in T100, New York has 2. Indy gets long distance help from Kokomo (Hip Hugger), while NY gets some indeterminate help from maybe 2 clubs in NJ (Giants or Eagles fans???). Anyway, Indy has the edge in contact levels, and bang for $$. While NY clubs may well have edge in dancer attractiveness, & upscale clubs, how many of us a big fans of beers north of $10, and mixed drinks north of $15, not to mention $600 VIP room upsells. By contrast, Brass Flamingos $12 dances, and 30 min. $100 VIP is hard to beat.// COLTS over Jets 17-10.

NEW ORLEANS VS MINNESOTA: Neither city is strong in strip clubs, with none in the top 100, and both cities with a rather heavy Deja Vu presence. Nola has edge in number of area clubs (21) vs MSP's area (14). However, No Nola club with meaningful number of reviews is rated above a 7, while MSP has 4 clubs rated above a 7. This implies New Orleans will have greater time of possesion, and roll up more yardage, but not always score when it counts. Also, reports of some trannies in a couple of Nola clubs on another site means a key play for NO called back on a penalty. // VIKINGS over Saints 23-20.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    ^^^^^ thank you minnow!
  • vincemichaels
    15 years ago
    I'll bet 3 lap dan.ces on the Vikings and 5 on the Colts
  • The kiss of death for the Jets and Vikings: Their quarterbacks are featured on this week's issue of Sports Illustrated.

Adding insult to injury for the Vikes: Prince just gave them the gayest fight song ever, "Purple And Gold." Hear it at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/21… then puncture your eardrums with a letter opener.

Bastard Baltimore Colts over the J-E-T-S-Jets-Jets-Jets, 20-14.
    New Orleans over Minnesota, 41-0.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    minnow,
    I'll overlook you slacking off this time, just don't let it happen again.
    Seriously, good stuff, looking forward to your Superbowl prediction. Thanks.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    minnow, the Jets play in New Jersey! Better contact in NJ
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    gatorfan, thanks for pointing that out. I did not know that.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Why CBS wants the Jets to lose
    It’s the barbershop and water cooler talk across the country.

What Super Bowl matchup will yield the biggest ratings?

Many fans immediately look to market size and figure that the New York Jets have to be one of the teams.

And they’d be wrong.

“The matchup that will do the best is Indianapolis against Minnesota,” said former CBS Sports president Neal Pilson, who now runs his own consultancy firm. “It’s a matchup that features two marquee players in Peyton [Manning] and [Brett] Favre and the rating you’ll get for that exceeds any other combination.”

Pilson reasons that the New York market will already pull a big rating anyway and that the Jets being in the game won’t influence the ratings nationally more than Manning’s presence in the game could.

“Sure, you’d get the New York market, but you have to remember that the Jets are largely unknown as you get further away from the Hudson River,” Pilson said. “Networks don’t want Cinderella stories at the end. In baseball, college basketball and football, they want the strong, established teams.”

That’s why Pilson says the Jets against the Saints are the worst matchup.

There’s one caveat to all this analysis and that is that a less desirable matchup can yield a higher rating if the game is better. The quality of the game, Pilson says, overshadows the quality of the teams.

The highest rated Super Bowl in the last decade was Super Bowl XXXIV between the St. Louis Rams and the Tennessee Titans in 2000. That game came down to the last play with the Titans’ Kevin Dyson trying unsuccessfully to reach the ball into the end zone.

If CBS, which is broadcasting the game, gets the ideal matchup in the Colts and Vikings, Pilson said it could be worth up to about four million more viewers than the worst matchup in the Jets and Saints. The Super Bowl, with any combination of teams playing in it, is good for at least 90 million US viewers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys…
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    FINAL ROUND SUPERBOWL INDIANAPOLIS VS NEW ORLEANS:

This is a tongue in cheek no brainer for me. 3 clubs in T100 for Indy vs ZERO for Nola. 5 clubs in Indy (meaningful number of reviews) rated above 7.0, None for NO. While some credible reviewers have managed to have good times in some Nola clubs, so much of club scene is tourist trap, versus PL freindly Indy?? // COLTS Over SAINTS 37-20.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion