tuscl

1984, anyone?

Saw a news story today about 2 cities down in South Florida that are putting up cams on the highways leading into their cities to record license plate numbers. I guess strip clubs in those towns may experience a drop in customers after a number of customers get popped by the cops. FYI, the cities are Hillsboro Beach and Lighthouse Point.

5 comments

• brewerfan
    15 years ago
    They can't get you for anything if you're not doing anything wrong. Just don't do anything illegal and you'll be fine. They have that here where I live; never a problem.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    There is sometimes a cop in his car right outside the parking lot for several SCs in Columbus. I have got pretty use to seeing them and have not yet got a ticket. I have been pulled over and given warnings though (they pulled me over thinking they could bust me for a DUI). Their excuse for pulling me over has always been petty (not fully stopping at a stop sign) but they are honest and claim they are only out looking for drunk driving tonight.
  • how
    15 years ago
    Odds those towns are run by liberals: 1 chance in 1.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I read about it and it was happening in other FL cities too. The reasoning behind it was to catch red light runners. Even in my own town (not in FL.) I have spotted cameras at 2 intersections. I question the cost. How many people actually run red lights? If they had cameras at a 3 way stop in my neighborhood, the coffers would be full. I can see that there is not another car on the street and run them all the time.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "Odds those towns are run by liberals: 1 chance in 1."

Wrong again wing-nut...both cities have a heavy dose of GOPers at the helm:
    http://www.browardgop.org/officials/inde…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion