tuscl

Rick's Cabaret International, Inc. Acquires "Joy of Austin"Gentlemen's Club

HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Rick's Cabaret International, Inc. (NASDAQ: RICK), the nation's leading operator of upscale gentlemen's clubs, said today it has purchased an adult nightclub located just off Interstate 35 north of Austin, Texas.

The company estimates the new location will add about $800,000 annually in earnings before income tax, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA).

Total purchase price for the club currently known as Joy of Austin was $5.2 million. Rick's Cabaret paid $2.7 million in cash, plus five year seller notes of $1.85 million at 4.75 percent interest, and assumption of $650,000 in existing mortgage debt. The transaction includes the business and real property.

Eric Langan, President and CEO of Rick's Cabaret, said: “We have long believed the Austin market is ideal for the Rick's Cabaret business model. The location we have purchased is more attractive from the standpoint of visibility and accessibility than our previous location in this market.”

4 comments

• Dudester
    15 years ago
    Once again, Rick's two locations in Houston are a dump, and most of their strippers have pimps and look like they belong on a street corner. Twenty years ago they were upscale, but certainly not now. If they build a place comparable to St. James and once again, start being picky about their strippers......geez
  • Cravey
    15 years ago
    Agreed. When I moved to Houston 20 years ago, Rick's in the Galleria area was the place to go. Not even sure if it's open anymore.

Joy's in Austin is just north of town, really in Round Rock. The contact level is higher there than at other Austin clubs but still nothing like the average Houston club.

In Houston, it's all about St. James for me. I'll go to Gold Cup strictly for Sonya but beyond that, St. James is where it's at.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Houston is a city with a lot of strip clubs but only 2 of them make the tuscl 100 list. St. James and Treasures.
  • Player11
    15 years ago
    The Galleria club and Ricks South are no longer Ricks. They have the club near Bush Airport.

I have been to SJ and Treasures - they are no match for the Ritz in my view. Unfortunately, like a planet running into a shitstorm of asteroid bombardment, the Ritz has been subject to some recent LE raids.

Your money will go further at the Ritz.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion