tuscl

Mobile strip show to hit the road for tour

LAS VEGAS, Dec. 19 (UPI) -- A mobile strip show banned in Las Vegas will take its act on the road, its originators said.

The "strippermobile," a large truck with bikini-clad women pole dancing in its Plexiglas-enclosed cargo area, made late-night runs along the Las Vegas Boulevard to advertise a local strip club, the Las Vegas Sun reported Saturday.

Clark County officials complained the moving strip act was unsafe for the strippers inside and for rubbernecking drivers, the newspaper said.

The Deju Vu strip club, which owns the vehicle, agreed to park it, but now club owners have a new idea, they say -- a national tour.

The Deju Vu company operates about 60 clubs in 15 states and plans to have the strippermobile visit them all, with a film crew taping the tour for cable television.

The owners expect the strippermobile to make its first stops in Southern California on Jan. 10, the Sun said.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2009/12/19/M…

Do gimmicks like this actually increase strip club attendance to justify the cost? It sounds stupid and I would rather them just publish free admission passes instead. Cols Gold does a similar thing of driving a big oversized fan around with televisions and I think it is stupid and makes me even less likely to visit the club. On the other hand, if they published free admission passes then yes maybe I would go out of my way to check out the club and have a drink or two and maybe even end up buying dances.

3 comments

• MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    I think they are operating on the theory that any free publicity is good publicity. This "mobile strip club" will likely be reported on by the media in each city that it visits to, just like it was recently in Vegas.

In downtown Montreal, it's not uncommon to see large, sometimes rotating signs for various on & off-island strip clubs being driven around.
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    Yeah I think ideas like this will help bring strip clubs mainstream, get local newspapers to publish articles on the phoneomenon, force people to discuss the issue. We see so much sleaze on TV, yet a lot of communities are prejudiced against sleaze inside of local establishments. As Mr Guy indicates, even "bad" publicity, of the kind the LasVegasStripperMobile encountered with the local police, raises awareness of the SC business. It's not BAD BAD publicity like arrests or unsolved murders. I would love to see the Deja Vu StripperMobile cruise thru the rather prudish town I live in.
  • georgmicrodong
    15 years ago
    I'd just as soon they stay away from my location. There's already enough pressure in this bible-belt area to close down SCs entirely.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion