tuscl

Anyone been to Landing Strip in Romulus, Mi

Drippy
Florida
Thursday, October 29, 2009 4:46 PM
I started a similar post on this a couple weeks ago, but haven't seen any reviews or even a listing for the club posted. Has anyone been here since they re-opened?

6 comments

• judyjudy
    15 years ago
    Not yet , but i want to drop by........if i do i will let you know and maybe even give it a review so I can read the other reviews..............
  • Philip A. Stein
    15 years ago
    Drippy, do you know their hours? I've been meaning to do a an airport tour. Playhouse for lunch then to the Landing Strip and maybe up to FC and Bogarts.
  • Drippy
    15 years ago
    Philip, sorry I don't know the hours. I've been looking for a current website since they reopened, but no luck. I would assume they would have standard SC hours, i.e. 11:30 am until 2:00 am? I don't live in Detroit, but will be there next week on business and perhaps I'll check it out. Good luck on your tour and we look forward to your reviews.
  • slickpeter
    15 years ago
    Haveb't made it yet ---drove by the other day while on business ---but the one thing I noticed was that there were police in the supermarket parking lot across the street writing tickets ---I always remember how they hassled customers of the LS before -----I guess it will be cheaper to pay for the valet if you can't find a spot on the street -----also --DO NOT PARK in the Senior Citizens home parking lot ----a definite tow!
  • robofan
    15 years ago
    I have read that they are open for business but still under construction. No food yet, bar not completely stocked, stuff like that. They do have music and dancers and a LD area. Here is their web site: [view link] not much there. The official grand opening was supposed to be last Friday. Don't know if it happened or not.
  • Philip A. Stein
    15 years ago
    Ok, stopped in this afternoon. It's open, any construction is complete and they are fully stocked with booze, food and dancers. Cover is $10 after 7. Booths are $20 (I'm guessing that starts at 7 as well). Valet is $6. My Crown and water was $10.75. They have some $7 food specials for noon to 2. They have $4 domestics and $5 premiums for MNF. I spoke with Brian Conway, he's a manager, maybe the general manager. They're really trying to drive sales with the kitchen. They have sushi on Tuesdays. December 10th they're having a big game buffet. The menu looked great, Surf and Turf (~$60) and lamb (~$35) for instance. It's not quite as good as the Playhouse but definitely not pub grub. Did this place have top notch food before they closed? The only time I had been here was a couple years ago. It's pretty much the same set up as I remember. The place looked great, clean and well kept. They have a nice selection of liquor, beer and wine. They've got premium cigars but it didn't look like they were in a humidor. Oh, and the talent. Very nice looking line-up on an early Friday afternoon. Brian said they have 30-40 strippers on Friday and Saturday nights, 15-20 on week nights and 15 or so during the afternoons. I should have been getting a lapper instead of yapping with the manager! It looks like the LS doesn't want to be in the Top 10, they want to be #1. I love that attitude. The wait staff was great. Bartender remembered my name (not a big deal but she did), bouncers greeted me as the walked by, and the waitresses said hi. Brian talked with me for half an hour, offered me some of his fruit plate, and dropped 4 passes on me. LS will be on my radar from now on.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion