tuscl

Strip Club Shootings?

Just wondering if your city has had any strip club shootings and how that influences your decision to visit or not visit the place. Here in Columbus, OH I know of 2 strip club shootings. One was at Dockside Dolls and that is now closed. The other is at the Doll House, which is about 5 minutes down the street and is still open. I have always felt safe at the Doll House, which is why I was surprised to hear about the shooting. These shootings both happened over 2 years ago but I have read about more recent strip club shootings.

Atlanta Housewives Kandi Burruss' Ex Fiance AJ Jewel Dies (in SC shooting)
http://www.dgshi.cn/content/200910/04422…

Police follow several leads in city strip club shooting
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/marylan…

Surrey strip club scene of another shooting
http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainmen…

Should we just ignore these as extremely rare? or do they usually hint at other activities going on in the club such as drug usage and gang activity?

14 comments

• A lawyer in columbia sc shot someone last year
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    At Coco's the shootings were almost routine. Found this via google: http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/show… ----this link is the wimpy shooting; there was a real blood bath over a stripper being told she was too old with multiple fatalities. Unfortunately, the club got shut down for awhile some years back; apparently it had reached it death toll or shooting limit. RolLexx is supposed to be even more dangerous. Angels had the bouncer, White Boy, gunned down; left behind a young wife and child.

Tootsies recently had a deadly shooting fairly recent. http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/flori…

Doesn't influence my decision to visit.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    In Detroit, are you kidding? Many years ago, Detroit saw a police officer shot on the steps of police HQ. No place is safe.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    SD,

Of course there are safe places! Take DC as am example. Guns are outlawed there. Has to be safe!
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    A strip club shooting doen't affect my visit any more than a shooting at my bank, mall, traffic etc. The key is to be aware of the clubs that attract more of the gun toting socioeconomic class.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I have only been to one club that had a shooting. I was there before it happened and have been there since it happened.Shootings are a random act and can happen anywhere. Just be alert.
  • potheadpl
    15 years ago
    A dancer was shot outside Calendar Girls in Hudson, FL a couple of years ago. It was accidental. A dumbass friend of hers was showing off his gun and shot her in the head.

I stay away from that club not because of violence I've witnessed, but because there is always potential violence there. I can only witness so many standoffs between security and gangstas. One day there will be gunplay.
  • Yoda
    15 years ago
    There have been shootings at at least four clubs that I go to-none of them frequently. Does it influence my decision? Not really as they are isolated incidences. If you watch the news long enough you will find that there are plenty of shootings in regular bars and even in restaurants, shopping malls and doctor's offices every day.

I stay out of bad neighborhoods in general and that includes clubs in bad neighborhoods. Other than that I don't spend a lot of time worrying about things I have no control over.
    15 years ago
    Shootings in/near strip clubs are not infrequent.

At one club I go to in Philly there was an attempted murder/suicide in the lap dance room which if I recall only the suicide was successful (the dancer was critically injured). At another Philly club I go to I've heard of at least one shooting years ago in the club (they have a metal detector now). There have been shootings nearby, if not in the club parking lot.

Heck my understanding is that there have been two shooting deaths in the parking lot of Spearmint Rhino in Vegas in the last 2-3 years. One of the most popular clubs in the country, Club of the Year 3 years ago.

None of these clubs would be considered to be in bad neighborhoods, marginal maybe. I just do my thing.
  • jablake
    15 years ago

Over at Secrets a dancer blew her brains out on stage.
  • jablake
    15 years ago

How could I forget. Over at Club Ice/VIP they've been killing the owner/manager. Supposedly, a local gang is demanding a cut of the action in exchange for peace.

(They use to be signs everywhere in that club telling the dancers not to show pink and the DJ use to holler 'bout that. Police must of been making arrests over pink.)
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "Should we just ignore these as extremely rare? or do they usually hint at other activities going on in the club such as drug usage and gang activity?"

Ignore them?! At your own risk I guess, but when this stuff is happening in or outside at strip club, it's usually an indication of a LOT more that's going on there that you likely don't want any part of. Any strip club that I've ever heard of that's had a shooting associated with it (like the Sportman's Inn in RI) was a club that most people should shy away from IMHO.

"Take DC as am example. Guns are outlawed there."

No, they aren't, moron.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Figures I'd catch at least one idiot to respond to an OBVIOUSLY ridiculous post!
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I remember after dockside dolls had their shooting they installed metal detectors but they had no male guards on duty at the time (still early in the day). I said I should of brought hidden metal with me so I could get felt up by the door girl lol.

As Chris Rock said, don't go to parties with metal detectors. Sure, they feel safe inside, but what about all those niggers waiting outside with guns? they know you ain't got one!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion