tuscl

Economy picking up a lot based on what you see in strip clubs?

Sunday, September 27, 2009 8:11 PM
I would say for now the answer is Yes. I'm seeing a lot more people in the clubs and more people tipping. I even saw 5 girls sitting at the stage in one club at one time. Looked like they were having fun. The club that raised their cover charge after midnight seems to be slower than it used to so 2 out 3 clubs seem to be busier. Platinum Plus at least after midnight (maybe due to higher cover charges?) seemed to be a lot slower than it used to.

11 comments

• jablake
    15 years ago
    I'd like to think so. Don't go to the clubs often enough . . . but, Coco's is going gangbusters and Angels, Secrets, and RolLexx seem generally slow.
  • potheadpl
    15 years ago
    The clubs I visit are pretty busy, but girls tell me income is down. Of course, strippers always say income is down. Bare Assets was PACKED on Friday night. So was Brass Flamingo, but they had Robin Foxx as a feature. Not good, BTW. Cute girl, nice body, big fake boobs. But boring dancer.
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    It seemed to really pick up starting around the time the stock market rallied (March). In the last month seems to be getting weaker.
  • deogol
    15 years ago
    Packed doesn't mean spending.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I have not seen any changes over the last few years. Up or down. But then, when your favorite club has been in TUSCL's top 10 for a long time, it's hard to judge it from others.I have not spent enough time in other clubs to know what the trend is. I will agree that most strippers complain about business being slow.Most of that is because so many of them are trying to get outrageous prices for lap dances. And owners are charging too much for admittance and drinks and charging the girls too much to work there. I am retired now.I can live nicely on 1/3rd of my income. So my spending habits have not changed since 10 years ago. My desire to visit strip clubs has waned. Maybe I am getting too old for this shit.
  • potheadpl
    15 years ago
    @deogol----you're right. I think the bar business was doing OK but when the 2 for 1 dance special was offered only 3-4 guys did it.
  • how
    15 years ago
    I doubt it is legitimate to draw conclusions about the economy "picking up" based on some anecdotal evidence from some clubs. But then again, we have a federal reserve chairman who attempts to claim the recession is over when that is a fact that requires no opinion--2 or more quarters of decline in GDP = recession; so, in fact, the recession is not over. And we have a treasury secretary who not only failed to pay his taxes, but took the reimbursements for the taxes he did not pay! So, some dudes musing over the health of the economy based on strip club activity actually does seem much more reasonable than the top economic authorities in the country doing the things they've been doing.
  • KootchieKoo
    15 years ago
    The Gold Club, my favorite club here in Memphis has gotten very slow the last couple of months. It is being renovated, the theory is people don't come in because they think it's closed, even though there are banners hanging that say it's open. My favorite there started working at another club (Christie's), I went there to see her this past weekend, I hadn't been there in months. Amazing how they moneygrub you to death. They have a small VIP room that is now $10 admission, used to be free. What made it annoying was a bouncer reprimanded my favorite for taking me into the area without a wristband, but I HAD bought one, he didn't even check! They do a "showtime" every hour or so where the girls are forced to push hats, t-shirts, lighters, and other crap on you. They charge $10 to bring in a bottle, this fee is not present at my favorite club, although both are run by the same company. If you order a can of Sparks they pour only half the can into a glass for you behind the bar and sell the other half to someone else! All this in a bad economy, when they should be providing value for your dollar. Not sure how long I can continue to see my favorite in this kind of place. It makes me very sad.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    The economy has hit Columbus...dockside dolls and danny's gold fox went out of business last year. Danny's Gold Fox reopened as Lollipop's and that only lasted a few months in this rough economy and it is now closed down. On the other hand, if I go to Kahoot's on a saturday night it is still packed and difficult to find an open seat. So I am just guessing, but I think the upscale clubs are still doing ok but the lower class clubs got hit the hardest.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Day girls say it is still slow. Fewer business types on lunch breaks, more "cheap-ass" guys, drawn by the free buffet and no cover, who are bad tippers and don't buy dances. Not unusual for a day girl to not make any money until 3:30 - 4:00 p.m. (This also explains all those text messages I get in the afternoon.)
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Likely the bottom has yet to hit. I believe the country is waiting to see if Congress represents the people as it is suppose to do, OR follow obama's lead and push us toward the toilet for the final flush!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion